TSR User_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Should Muslims go to school on Eid Day in your opinion?
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TSR User_123)
No
username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah because Christians don't go to school on xmas so why should muslims or anyone else celebrating a religious holiday
hrtpjm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
everyone should be entitled to time off to celebrate their religious holidays,, christianity should not be the norm
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
No
Thanks!
(Original post by umchileanyways)
Nah because Christians don't go to school on xmas so why should muslims or anyone else celebrating a religious holiday
I agree and thank you!<3

(Original post by hrtpjm)
everyone should be entitled to time off to celebrate their religious holidays,, christianity should not be the norm
Thanks!
Last edited by TSR User_123; 1 month ago
hbjfhsdfj1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no because Christians get a whole 1-3 weeks off for Christmas and muslims cant even get a day off for eid
Last edited by hbjfhsdfj1; 1 month ago
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by hbjfhsdfj1)
no because Christians get a whole 1-3 weeks off for Christmas and muslims cant even get a day off for eid
So true and thanks.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Btw, I am a musilm and tmrw is Eid and I have got school so I am thinking if I should go or not.
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Usually you can get time off school to observe religious holidays - it is like how one would book time off for going holiday abroad during term time.
Last edited by Zamestaneh; 1 month ago
hrtpjm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
take the time off bestie !! one missed day isn't gonna impact your school work and you should enjoy eid !!
PakScarz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Btw, I am a musilm and tmrw is Eid and I have got school so I am thinking if I should go or not.
Bruh jus stay home, what they gonna do arrest you¿ I’m pretty sure everybody who’s doing Eid is staying home, including myself
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You mean in the UK right?

All children in Muslim countries like the UAE have a 5-7 day holiday over Eid.
Talon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you should be entitled to a day off for it, but you are supposed to inform the school beforehand. They shouldn't be able to refuse it. Try to plan more in advance.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Talon)
Yes you should be entitled to a day off for it, but you are supposed to inform the school beforehand. They shouldn't be able to refuse it. Try to plan more in advance.
Okay, thanks.
(Original post by asif007)
You mean in the UK right?

All children in Muslim countries like the UAE have a 5-7 day holiday over Eid.
Yes, but I am currently in secondary school and we don't have holidays for Eid but we are allowed to have a day of but say why.
(Original post by PakScarz)
Bruh jus stay home, what they gonna do arrest you¿ I’m pretty sure everybody who’s doing Eid is staying home, including myself
So true, thanks.
(Original post by hrtpjm)
take the time off bestie !! one missed day isn't gonna impact your school work and you should enjoy eid !!
I agree, thanks again.
(Original post by Zamestaneh)
Usually you can get time off school to observe religious holidays - it is like how one would book time off for going holiday abroad during term time.
Oh yeah, thanks.
Talon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by umchileanyways)
Christmas isn't the best comparison as it is largely a secular affair with Father Christmas, presents and pine trees. Those aren't really Christian things. Easter is a far better religious comparison as there are bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday. These days don't hold any significance for non-Christians.
Amin7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am a Muslim and I am in school today as I have an exam
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Talon)
Christmas isn't the best comparison as it is largely a secular affair with Father Christmas, presents and pine trees. Those aren't really Christian things. Easter is a far better religious comparison as there are bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday. These days don't hold any significance for non-Christians.
Yes
(Original post by Amin7)
I am a Muslim and I am in school today as I have an exam
Sad, I hope you do well in the exam, may allah help you whilst doing the exam amen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (59)
37.34%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (8)
5.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (37)
23.42%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.19%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
8.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise