The Student Room Logo
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton

Southampton Uni chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5900
I was going to suggest unsubscribing, but as it happens, the unsubscribe link is broken.
Evil.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Original post by unamed
I was going to suggest unsubscribing, but as it happens, the unsubscribe link is broken.
Evil.

Copied the link from my spam filtered email and it worked fine. Phew... hopefully I don't get that **** now.

I hate this university's way of trying to connect to students when all we want is a ****ing budget for our society before march next year.
I got an email saying my uni email will be suspended in 28 days :frown: I use it for most things! Ah so sad! I WANT TO BE A STUDENT AGAIN
Can you apply to keep it on at all MakingHistory? :s-smilie:
The death knell rings for you emma...welcome to the real world! I've already stopped giving out my sussed email to people because i know that i wont have access to it in a year's time...
Reply 5905
Original post by hothedgehog
Copied the link from my spam filtered email and it worked fine. Phew... hopefully I don't get that **** now.

I hate this university's way of trying to connect to students when all we want is a ****ing budget for our society before march next year.

Mine did too now. Odd.

anyone else notice all the adds around this page are nearly always Southampton ones? (or University of New South Wales.)
I thought you got to keep it as a forwarding email address?
Original post by unamed
Mine did too now. Odd.

anyone else notice all the adds around this page are nearly always Southampton ones? (or University of New South Wales.)

Honestly, no. I have an ad-blocker addon for firefox! :smile: But it's not that odd to get targeted advertising nowadays. It happens on facebook alll the time.
Reply 5908
Honestly, no. I have an ad-blocker addon for firefox! :smile: But it's not that odd to get targeted advertising nowadays. It happens on facebook alll the time.

I know, but it still creeps me out. It's like they're watching me. :ninja:
Original post by unamed
I know, but it still creeps me out. It's like they're watching me. :ninja:

They secretly are... *stealth*
Nope you cant keep it or get emails forwarded, they basically shut it down, but you can apply to some forwarding service where the uni can get hold of you or something, not much use though!
I thought that was what the forwarding service was... they'd forward your emails for you?
Reply 5912
They secretly are... *stealth*

Aaah. *hides*

We have the most awesome 2nd year project ever. [and now I won't tell you anything. :tongue:]

we have to create an app that uses the phone's GPS within Southampton. We can literally do anything. I'm thinking a game. It's awesome.

I just realised how nerdy/ECS-y that sounded. Oh well, it's the rest of my life, I best get used to it!
Original post by unamed
Aaah. *hides*

We have the most awesome 2nd year project ever. [and now I won't tell you anything. :tongue:]

we have to create an app that uses the phone's GPS within Southampton. We can literally do anything. I'm thinking a game. It's awesome.

I just realised how nerdy/ECS-y that sounded. Oh well, it's the rest of my life, I best get used to it!

Don't worry, geologists are also like that. We are far too enthusiastic!
Reply 5914
Don't worry, geologists are also like that. We are far too enthusiastic!

About rocks? I guess they're exciting. It's funny because all my friends are on my course (I spend far too much time there to have any non-engineering friends) and so I was just conditioned to think the WORLD would find it exciting.

Which I assume they don't.
Original post by unamed
About rocks? I guess they're exciting. It's funny because all my friends are on my course (I spend far too much time there to have any non-engineering friends) and so I was just conditioned to think the WORLD would find it exciting.

Which I assume they don't.

Well exactly... who in their right mind cares about rocks?
Reply 5916
Well exactly... who in their right mind cares about rocks?

...geologists? Or rocks. They care about eachother. And have rock families. And rock homes. Which humans destroy. Then they cry. Rock tears.

And children. My brother had a pet rock for some time.
Original post by unamed
...geologists? Or rocks. They care about eachother. And have rock families. And rock homes. Which humans destroy. Then they cry. Rock tears.

And children. My brother had a pet rock for some time.

Yeah, that's all probably true.... we never look into rock sociology. Maybe we're missing something here!

I have a pet rock.
Reply 5918
Yeah, that's all probably true.... we never look into rock sociology. Maybe we're missing something here!

I have a pet rock.

Is it a special species of rock? Or a hybrid? Or a rock animal? Or just a plain old rock? Is it a he? Or a she? Or both? Is it a gazillion years old? Or only a million?

I'm sorry I'm prying into your rock's personal life. I just need to know.
Original post by unamed
Is it a special species of rock? Or a hybrid? Or a rock animal? Or just a plain old rock? Is it a he? Or a she? Or both? Is it a gazillion years old? Or only a million?

I'm sorry I'm prying into your rock's personal life. I just need to know.

It's definitely a she. She has some googly eyes with red slits and she's triangular so she looks a bit evil. I am not sure what species of rock she is as she's not in grabbing reach of my bed so I can't inspect her! Also, a woman never tells her age (unless you start radiodating her but that's quite expensive and rather destructive!)

Quick Reply

Latest