Mialee99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How successful would the application for law if the subjects for A levels is mainly science subjects?
Mikos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would have no bearing on your admissions chances.
There are no “preferred” subjects for law.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mikos)
It would have no bearing on your admissions chances.
There are no “preferred” subjects for law.
there are definitely preferred subjects at some universities, but there are no required subjects
wifd149
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did completely science subjects for A-levels and am studying law at the moment. Some universities may want Eng Lit as a subject (I’ve only seen one uni ask for it?).

The tricky bit in applying is when you’re writing your personal statement, otherwise there is no real difficulty. The most important part is your predicted grades for A-levels and LNAT score if the uni you want requires it.

However, are you sure you want to do law? I am struggling as heck in writing my essays and got 2:2s & 3rds before. There isn’t any real answers in law and they are extremely particular about the accuracy & succinctness of your answers. Don’t underestimate this bit. Even now I wished that I did medicine instead.

All the best to u though!
Mikos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
there are definitely preferred subjects at some universities, but there are no required subjects
Which universities?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mikos)
Which universities?
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...-jurisprudence suggests "A subject involving essay writing" which would be a subject preference
Mikos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...-jurisprudence suggests "A subject involving essay writing" which would be a subject preference
It is not a subject preference, it’s just a suggestion. A preference would be the orange or red circles. The reason why it’s green is because people who are more used to writing essays are more likely to succeed on section 2 on the LNAT. However, those doing essay subjects would not have an admissions advantage over those who chose sciences.
Mialee99
Rep:
?
Do you mind sharing your grades and what uni did you apply to? What uni are you in now?
Mikos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mialee99)
Do you mind sharing your grades and what uni did you apply to? What uni are you in now?
Who is this directed to?
Mialee99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikos)
Who is this directed to?
Wifd149
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.92%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise