losing weight ??? help!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, so I am going to start a 600-1000 calories a day diet tomorrow,.... how much weight could I expect to lose? I'm hoping to lose at least a stone

(edit: weight is 7 stone 8 pounds at the moment and height is 5 foot 4. I've been on a 1200 calories for the past few months)
thanks!!
JGLM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why are you dieting? You are at a healthy weight. 600 calories is really not very much. How old are you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JGLM)
Why are you dieting? You are at a healthy weight. 600 calories is really not very much. How old are you?
because I'm fat. I feel fat, and I look fat and I want to change that. I'm 16
GC9867
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You aren’t. 600 calories is barely enough to sustain an infant child. Do you have anyone you can speak to about how you are feeling? Or perhaps a friend you can call for support?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
600-1000 calories isn't even remotely healthy. Keep it at around 1500 + exercise.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi, so I am going to start a 600-1000 calories a day diet tomorrow,.... how much weight could I expect to lose? I'm hoping to lose at least a stone

(edit: weight is 7 stone 8 pounds at the moment and height is 5 foot 4. I've been on a 1200 calories for the past few months)
thanks!!
TW
Spoiler:
Show
all i have eaten this week is two porstions of chips and i have lost nearly a stone in three days
but i feel sick all the time
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is not sustainable. When you eat too little what actually happens is that your body goes into starvation mode and you will cause your metabolism to slow down which will cause you to gain weight. its not worth it honestly.
GC9867
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
TW
Spoiler:
Show
all i have eaten this week is two porstions of chips and i have lost nearly a stone in three days
but i feel sick all the time
Hi, I’m not good at trying to help others but do you have anyone you can speak to? Like a family member near by or a friend you know will pick up, speaking to people always makes things better. If not please go to this website and engage with one of the phone lines https://www.itv.com/thismorning/arti...rder-helplines
jademowry123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
because I'm fat. I feel fat, and I look fat and I want to change that. I'm 16
im 16 and need to lose weight aswell
Jingbah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re underweight if anything...44kg you sound miniscule!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jingbah)
You’re underweight if anything...44kg you sound miniscule!
who are you talking to
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
First point I will make is that at 16 you are not finished developing and growing- you need to make sure you are providing your body with enough nutrients. Work out your BMR. This is the energy required to keep your body ALIVE. Food doesn't just make you fat or thin, it's energy needed to fuel every single process in your body that keeps you alive.

Second, at 7 stone 8 and 5 ft 4 it gives a BMI of 18.1 which is underweight. Now whilst BMI isn't perfect and has it's flaws, it gives a general guideline and at that weight you really can't be fat. If you lose a stone, it gives you a BMI of under 16, for reference people can get admitted to hospital for eating disorders once their BMI gets below 17.5. Even by a childs BMI scale that would below the 1st centile (meaning over 99% of people are heavier). In short, starving your body to that weight is really dangerous.

If you don't like how you look, try looking into building some muscle to look a bit more toned but I promise your weight is already very low.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You feel fat bc you have no muscle on your frame.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GC9867)
You aren’t. 600 calories is barely enough to sustain an infant child. Do you have anyone you can speak to about how you are feeling? Or perhaps a friend you can call for support?
it's half of what I normally eat so shouldn't it be okay? and no I don't think there is a need to
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I truly hope you choose to nourish your body, going down the road of restriction only leads to misery, I can assure you.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's half of what I normally eat so shouldn't it be okay? and no I don't think there is a need to
What you normally eat is already low. I don't think 600 is even enough to power a day of sleeping.

Unless you are going to stick to 600 Kcal for the rest of your life, why set yourself up for massive failure? You'll just rocket the weight back on as soon as you slack off.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
I truly hope you choose to nourish your body, going down the road of restriction only leads to misery, I can assure you.
but the road of restriction is the only way I'll be able to lose weight so I need to do it to lose weight
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
What you normally eat is already low. I don't think 600 is even enough to power a day of sleeping.

Unless you are going to stick to 600 Kcal for the rest of your life, why set yourself up for massive failure? You'll just rocket the weight back on as soon as you slack off.
I've always thought what I normally eat is too much hence why I want to lower it to 600-700 Kcal.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
but the road of restriction is the only way I'll be able to lose weight so I need to do it to lose weight
I'm not going to argue with you, but do you know what restriction can do to the body? Assuming you can actually carry it out that is, most people can't due to their brains forcing them to seek out food and binge.

Toddlers eat more than you're aiming to eat.

The amount of damage food restriction can cause is astounding, and really, it's not worth it.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've always thought what I normally eat is too much hence why I want to lower it to 600-700 Kcal.
I've had a long day, so i'm just going to say 'NO' and 'Teenage Puppy Fat Is Not Worth Starving Over'

For context, i'm currently by most peoples standards crash dieting by 'only' taking in 1750 a day (overweight above ave height male), I literally don't think 600 is enough to exist. Do you think you'd be ok with half as much blood? half as much brain? half as many bones? NO! So don't try and apply the same to food. Reduction is possible but there has to be a bit of sense and self preservation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (114)
40.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (31)
10.99%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (64)
22.7%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.7%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.74%

Watched Threads