Do your parents rent or own the house?

Watch
Poll: Do your parents rent or own the house?
Own (26)
59.09%
Rent (18)
40.91%
Imabigman.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sorry if it's a bit personal
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my parents owned a house but split up; now one owns a house and the other rents while working out where they want to live long term

why are you interested?
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
my parents owned a house but split up; now one owns a house and the other rents while working out where they want to live long term

why are you interested?
I just am. Kind of similar to me though
Last edited by Imabigman.; 1 month ago
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know how it is now, but when I lived together with my parents they lived in a rent house.

Imabigman. I would love to know - out of curiosity - whether your parents own a house...
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 month ago
cleveranimal56
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My parents own two houses, they bough the second one around 5 years ago. We rent the second one, and live in the first. It's because the first house was much easier to buy, since house prices were very low earlier own. Houses that cost sub 100k to buy back in the day now costs millions, so some people have hit the jackpot due to things like gentrification playing a part in retail value. Nowadays, more people are renting properties due to the steep prices that are being demanded. So look it at like that, a majority of recent migrants will live in rented properties
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Imabigman. I would love to know - out of curiosity - whether your parents own a house...

At last you began with this thing.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 month ago
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)

At last you began with this thing.
One does and one doesn't but we are buying a house soon
Last edited by Imabigman.; 1 month ago
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
My parents own two houses, they bough the second one around 5 years ago. We rent the second one, and live in the first. It's because the first house was much easier to buy, since house prices were very low earlier own. Houses that cost sub 100k to buy back in the day now costs millions, so some people have hit the jackpot due to things like gentrification playing a part in retail value. Nowadays, more people are renting properties due to the steep prices that are being demanded. So look it at like that, a majority of recent migrants will live in rented properties
That's sick
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They rent off the council.
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
They rent off the council.
Nice
cleveranimal56
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Imabigman.)
That's sick
Yeah lol, I wish I bought a few houses back in the day. I heard houses cost a few thousand at some point. Would've been easy millions; oh well, it's another bitcoin scenario where you wish you knew.
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
Yeah lol, I wish I bought a few houses back in the day. I heard houses cost a few thousand at some point. Would've been easy millions; oh well, it's another bitcoin scenario where you wish you knew.
I know, my uncle took me to his first house he had and he only paid like 20 bags. You'd be lucky to get Nissan Qashqai for that now
deadroseex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Own it
Luka9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wonder if house prices will ever crash. Maybe if the population declines it will become a possibility
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Imabigman.)
One does and one doesn't but we are buying a house soon
In short: both of your parents who are separated from each other own a house soon. So no one will live in a rent house in the future.
cleveranimal56
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Luka9)
I wonder if house prices will ever crash. Maybe if the population declines it will become a possibility
If there's demand there's a cost. And the population sure as hell isn't going to decline. And more people are coming from less developed countries where birth rates are higher, so inevitably prices will continue to rise.
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by deadroseex)
Own it
Decent
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
In short: both of your parents who are separated from each other own a house soon. So no one will live in a rent house in the future.
Yep but I'm moving out soon so might rent first but end up buying
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bought it, only cost £80,000 back in the day, i think they moved in the late 80s, now worth just over £300,000 (due to location rather than the actual building) crazy how the prices have changed over the years. Only payed it off in 2016 though..
Imabigman.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Max1989)
Bought it, only cost £80,000 back in the day, i think they moved in the late 80s, now worth just over £300,000 (due to location rather than the actual building) crazy how the prices have changed over the years. Only payed it off in 2016 though..
That's sick still though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29%
No (191)
71%

Watched Threads