Elisabeth3210
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been asked to talk about the reversible reaction between iron ions and thiocyanate ions. It says the colour of the reaction is orange at room temperature.
I have to say:
-the name of the solvent used to dissolve the ions in this reaction
- what the colour change would be if a colourless solution containing a high concentration of thiocyanate ions was added

It then goes on to ask
A water bath is set up at a temperature above room temperature.
When a test tube containing the orange equilibrium mixture is placed in the water
bath, the mixture becomes more yellow.
Explain what this shows about the energy change for the forward reaction.

I don't really understand any of these questions other than knowing its to do with le chateliers principle. Can someone please help me and explain them to me
scimus63
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The following page contains info on Le Chateliers principle.

https://www.science-revision.co.uk/L...principle.html

For the example you give you need to know whether the forward or reverse reaction is exo/endo thermic.

Adding an extra reactant or product - see the webpage it explain it, it uses different examples but the principle is exactly the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
35.53%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (8)
10.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
30.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (9)
11.84%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed