Scared I’ve lost boyfriend’s trust

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There’s a boy at school who is obsessed with me and has been for ages and ages. He can nice but a he’s a bit of an idiot and the obsession has gone too far at certain points to the point of harassment. But for about 3 weeks over a year ago I was so so so stupid and was ‘talking’ to him, admittedly and ashamedly for entertainment - I never wanted anything to come from it and I did feel bad for leading him on and quickly got out of it. I never once touched him or even met up with him. Anyway, in around October/November time, my current bf and I got together. This boy was (and is) still obsessed with me so when he found out we were even just talking, he gave him a talking to. I never would have told my current bf I was talking to this other boy both because I never had any feelings for him so I didn’t see it as significant and because I was embarrassed because he is a bit of an idiot and nothing like someone I’d like to be with. Anyway, when this incident with him and his friends talking to my bf about me and how this other boy really liked me, I didn’t properly disclose that I did briefly talk to him (on Snapchat). Anyway the obsession has continued and it’s really hard for me to escape him as he is always there, friendly with my friends, doesn’t even listen when school tell him to stay away from me. So I try to be moderately friendly to prevent him getting angry at me for ignoring him. He doesn’t know I have a bf cos we haven’t told him cos he might cause my bf problems. Anyway my boyfriend found out today I did talk to him and got really really angry with me for not telling him originally but also because he thinks the fact I did talk to him changes who he thinks I am as a person. Do you agree this is ridiculous? Anyway my boyfriend kept alluding to breaking up with me but after we properly talked it out he said he was only saying that to hurt me, which it did. He has now promised he loves me and is not going to do that. But I’m still worried. And did I massively violate his trust by not telling him I talked (and only talked) to this boy? That, in my eyes, is the only thing I’ve done wrong because I didn’t even know my current bf when I was talking to him and the obsession thing is really difficult for me to deal with. I’m really scared it will be detrimental to our relationship. How do I get the trust back?
cleveranimal56
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First, get rid of the clingy kid, that's not cool. If the school's not taking it seriously, get the police or something involved. And yes, tell him, he's your bf and meant to be someone you can talk to.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
First, get rid of the clingy kid, that's not cool. If the school's not taking it seriously, get the police or something involved. And yes, tell him, he's your bf and meant to be someone you can talk to.
Hmm yes. Thankfully I literally have 3 days left at the school (not including exams). And I’ve told my boyfriend, it’s the fact that he’s upset that I didn’t originally tell him about 6 months ago that I talked to that boy and that also he now apparently (although I think he was being dramatic because later in the conversation he was being nice and normal) sees me differently (negatively) because I did briefly talk to that boy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (134)
42.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.36%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.52%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.14%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.73%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.99%

Watched Threads