Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
''have you tried counting to three??''

tell me something cahms has done to ultimately stop you from having crippling depression !!! xxxxxxxx
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
About a month ago I spent a whole day doing only the things people have said will help my anxiety and depression.
Including but not limited to: making my bed, eating healthily, going for a walk, spending time in nature, having a bath, not using my phone or watching tv

Funnily enough, I didn’t feel any different at the end of the day
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
About a month ago I spent a whole day doing only the things people have said will help my anxiety and depression.
Including but not limited to: making my bed, eating healthily, going for a walk, spending time in nature, having a bath, not using my phone or watching tv

Funnily enough, I didn’t feel any different at the end of the day
Thats like expecting to lose weight and have more energy after eating healthily for just one day. One day is a good start but you're going to have to continue with it if you want to see any sort of difference.
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 month ago
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you been having enough hot baths lately?
What about a cup of tea?

TW/ references suicide- leaflet mocking the ineffectiveness of UK mental health services.
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  b50d3650-faa9-4407-a8c7-0f2702119d18.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  276.1 KBName:  f9e4feaf-0f42-4a9c-8c47-f4e82075a30c.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  298.7 KB
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One of the first things my CAMHS nurse said to me was "you are too intelligent to be having these problems", not so long after followed by "why don't you kill yourself?". Needless to say, the therapeutic relationship went swimmingly from there.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
One of the first things my CAMHS nurse said to me was "you are too intelligent to be having these problems", not so long after followed by "why don't you kill yourself?". Needless to say, the therapeutic relationship went swimmingly from there.
I have also been told I am too smart to suffer from MH problems. Nice one NHS. :dunce:
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mental health nurse is lovely but unfortunately he's leaving soon and I was told today that I'm too young for a diagnosis :')

I'm literally 18 in 3 months.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
My mental health nurse is lovely but unfortunately he's leaving soon and I was told today that I'm too young for a diagnosis :')

If they think you may have a personality disorder, they will not diagnose it under 18 (some won't diagnose under 20-21) because your personality is not fully formed at that age.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Also got told this when I was almost 19. :dunce:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I never even had access to CAMHS when I was younger as my GP said, 'you don't want any labels when you're below 18. or any of those drugs either your brain is still developing and you don't want to interrupt that' and that was that.

Turns out that yes, even at 15 I was suffering from crippling anxiety and depression and nope, that didn't change waiting years.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  IMG-20180408-WA0007.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  28.1 KB
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Saw my psychiatrist last week. Saw my psychiatrist today. Got an appointment for next Thursday.

Gotta love the US system. :awesome:
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Polite reminder: can patients kindly restrict crisises to office hours. Otherwise we will have to get the police to do our jobs for us.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they think you may have a personality disorder, they will not diagnose it under 18 (some won't diagnose under 20-21) because your personality is not fully formed at that age.
I understand this but it's also kinda frustrating because realistically I'm not going to become a whole new person in 3 months.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
Also got told this when I was almost 19. :dunce:
What a system
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please hahaha, this is too accurate.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What a system
Absolutely. Maybe if they hadn't basically told me to piss off, the earlier intervention would have been beneficial in preventing the problem getting worse. :dunce:
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I understand this but it's also kinda frustrating because realistically I'm not going to become a whole new person in 3 months.
For what it's worth, I was a very different person at 20-21 to the one I was at 18. Things may well still change for you.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely. Maybe if they hadn't basically told me to piss off, the earlier intervention would have been beneficial in preventing the problem getting worse. :dunce:
Ah bless you, I can imagine that was really rough. I hope you're doing better now! I know I've seen you on relationship threads and it seems that side of things is going well at least?

For what it's worth, I was a very different person at 20-21 to the one I was at 18. Things may well still change for you.
I can imagine that in a way. I don't even relate to the person I was at 15. There's just a lot of symptoms I fit that don't seem to be going away or getting any better, and it's really difficult to keep asking "what's wrong with me?"
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah bless you, I can imagine that was really rough. I hope you're doing better now! I know I've seen you on relationship threads and it seems that side of things is going well at least?
Hey man, yeah I think I have a pretty sweet relationship but my mental health is still a mess tbh.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey man, yeah I think I have a pretty sweet relationship but my mental health is still a mess tbh.
Ah man, I'm always here if you want a chat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (2)
33.33%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (0)
0%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (1)
16.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (2)
33.33%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (0)
0%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads