Driving test Friday

Watch
Jless
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really nervous and struggling to sleep at the thought of my test on Friday. Have been feeling confident up until now. My anxiety keeps thinking what if
Lennon51
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We all will at some point think these 'What If' thoughts.

For example, whilst I was out running near my area this evening, incoming scenarios aka 'day dreaming' occurred to me, whereby the state of focus leaves the external world and begins primarily focusing on the mental. The scenario, translated into words, said:

"What if I was robbed from the back of the potential van (I'm intrigued by the idea of motorhomes) I may or may not own in the future?"
And so did I mentally enact how I would respond whilst I continued running in the physical world.

While the mind may summon definitive memories, It's safe to say that our mind also summons potentialities. It tells us 'What if' all the time. But, Importantly, is your 'What if' circumstance, a reflection of your true reality?...

Why am I feeling this way?...
Could you have practiced more? If yes: Then my mental worry can disintegrate due to a false projection of current reality because I have indeed prepared myself at my maximum! I am ready to conquer my test tomorrow after sunrise!
If not: I'll have to face the consequences of not preparing myself as best to my knowledge, but also not beating down on myself for not doing so, but forgiving oneself to better oneself in the long-haul, and applying and developing a new action plan for next time.

The attached mental model will provide perspective.

I hope I've helped / Lennon
Attached files
Last edited by Lennon51; 1 month ago
Imabigman.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully you'll pass with flying colours and I wish you nothing but good luck genuinely
Jless
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imabigman.)
Hopefully you'll pass with flying colours and I wish you nothing but good luck genuinely
Thank you my instructor thinks I’ll pass just trying to not let nerves get in the way
Jless
Rep:
?
Thank you
Imabigman.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jless)
Thank you my instructor thinks I’ll pass just trying to not let nerves get in the way
You'll pass
Stelievo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you pass
..M..
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell us how you do!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.92%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.42%

Watched Threads