vhea22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, so im a current year 11 student and i finish in 2 weeks.
the course i want to do at college is almost 1hr 30m away from me by train and the course is fashion business so could i start at a local college that im already accepted onto to do media studies/photography and for my second year when i can drive and it will take me 30 mins by car) start the fashion course and do the 2 years as it would be free due to me being under 18 when starting? would this work and could someone advise me on this please.
the media studies and photography course is a 10 min walk from my house and i would have the qualifications from it as its only a one year diploma so theres no worry about when i drop out it being a waste???
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Better off taking a year out and saving some money by getting a job and then going to college. Unless the courses you want to do are relevant for your chosen career path you are going to be starting at one college, settling and making friends only to leave them at the end of the year and do it all again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.26%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.87%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
23.91%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.17%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.39%

Watched Threads