The Student Room Group

is it shallow to want a cute gf?

I don't really care about things like boob size or skinny, I just want to find her cute and be attracted to her... is that shallow?
No, not necessarily. If you’re willing to overlook things like being an awful person or having a boring personality for the sake of cuteness, that’d be shallow. But hoping to be attracted to a prospective girlfriend is perfectly natural.
I think everyone wants to be physically attracted to their girlfriend.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't really care about things like boob size or skinny, I just want to find her cute and be attracted to her... is that shallow?

No, definitely nothing wrong with that. As longs as you still equally care about her personality. I’m a girl and I want to be with a guy I’m physically attracted to hah. I think it’s just human nature 😂. Either that or we r both shallow hahah

Depends.

If you're someone who takes pride in your appearance (e.g. dress well, exercise etc.) OR you use your appearance to express yourself, then it's only natural you'd want someone who shares those qualities.

On the other hand, if you're a slob who doesn't wash, or look after yourself in any way, then yes, it's extremely shallow (and potentially unrealistic) IMHO.

I think everyone wants to be physically attracted to their girlfriend.

Good point,

Just because you're attracted to them, doesn't necessarily mean they're stereotypically good looking does it :wink:
(edited 2 years ago)

I don’t think it’s shallow I want a cute boyfriend or girlfriend
Kind of, since that's the only attribute you mention.

IMO People can look or act cute, but it's not really a 24/7 thing, no one looks cute wiping their ass y'know?
(edited 2 years ago)

Not at all! Physical attraction can play a part in the success of any relationship. Shallow would be if you treated people worse if you found them unattractive or not cute. But if you're asking that question then you must be the kind of person who does think about your behaviour towards other people. So no, it's not shallow! :smile:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
No, not necessarily. If you’re willing to overlook things like being an awful person or having a boring personality for the sake of cuteness, that’d be shallow. But hoping to be attracted to a prospective girlfriend is perfectly natural.

No, that isn't shallow. Everyone has preferences.
However, just like the other person said, if you're willing to overlook things like being boring or having a terrible personality because of looks, then yes that is kind of shallow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending