The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't credit him with much intelligence but I would have thought at least someone else would have said.. "ooo Harry I think that's a bad idea".
Reply 2
blissy
I don't credit him with much intelligence but I would have thought at least someone else would have said.. "ooo Harry I think that's a bad idea".

lol so you would think but the poor chap doesnt seem to be quite the greenest cabbage in the patch. I think its more than a little harsh to call for him being turned away from Sandhurst though.
Reply 3
an Siarach
I have to say this made me laugh. What are your thoughts on the photo? Should he be thrown out of Sandhurst as the quoted Labour MP insists or should the incident be dismissed?

Wasnt he also called "Harry Potter"
Reply 4
its just a costume party...let the bloke get on with it.
Reply 5
What an idiot, deeply offensive coming from someone of his 'stature'. I would have thought that someone among his staff may have mentioned something although, as it appears from the photograph, he probably had it hidden under a jacket. If it is justified as being a fancy dress than I think a rejection of his application on those grounds alone would seem harsh, although I am no authority on the matter.
Reply 6
canuck
Wasnt he also called "Harry Potter"

Hehe.
I don't know why, but smoking cannabis seems somewhat more acceptable than dressing up as a nazi. The party's theme didn't really leave either of the princes in a good position - imagine the reaction if they went as britannia, or as queen victoria, or if they "blacked up" and went as a "colonist".
I think everybody should get off his back. He didn't choose to be in the public eye all of the time, and yeah I do understand that he has the easy life etc, but it was a joke, intended for a laugh! It doesn't warrant front page headlines and people slagging him off over it! :cool:
Let the boy live..
Reply 8
technik
its just a costume party...let the bloke get on with it.

My opinion also.
Reply 9
poor taste, agreed, and i don't really see its connection with the theme "colonial and native", but if it were anyone else then nobody would give a ****. However, if he were anyone else he wouldn't get into Sandhurst either.
Reply 10
tkfmbp
poor taste, agreed, and i don't really see its connection with the theme "colonial and native", but if it were anyone else then nobody would give a ****. However, if he were anyone else he wouldn't get into Sandhurst either.

colonial is usually associated with imperial...the nazis were certainly imperial
Reply 11
vienna95
What an idiot, deeply offensive coming from someone of his 'stature'. I would have thought that someone among his staff may have mentioned something although, as it appears from the photograph, he probably had it hidden under a jacket. If it is justified as being a fancy dress than I think a rejection of his application on those grounds alone would seem harsh, although I am no authority on the matter.

It wouldn't be that his application was rejected on grounds of insulting people, it would be that he's an idiot and not mentally fit enough to be an Army Officer.
Reply 12
technik
colonial is usually associated with imperial...the nazis were certainly imperial

my bad.....i'm a bit sleepy atm lol.
Reply 13
The BBC is blocked in China- Im assuming that Harry dressed up as a Nazi??
blissy

I've been to fancy dress parties as
arab suicide bomber
S&M mistress
Mummy
paedophile
Alex (from clockwork orange)
nun
devil

Does that mean i have S&M or suicide bomber tendencies?
Hell no

They shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.
Reply 15
tkfmbp
It wouldn't be that his application was rejected on grounds of insulting people, it would be that he's an idiot and not mentally fit enough to be an Army Officer.

If admissions to the armed forces were based on photos taken while cadets were pissed we wouldnt have any armed forces. *considers own experience of navy unit piss ups.
Reply 16
Kondar

yea...wasnt even a good effort either. no hitler tash...no coat or belt, no funny boots or side-shade hair style, just a swastika armband.
Reply 17
Kondar

He seems to be wearing navy Desert uniform with a swastika armband.
Reply 18
In the words of homer simpson doh!!
Surely it might have occured to him that he would get into the papers if I got snapped wearing that. The boy has no common sense whatsoever.
Reply 19
viviki
In the words of homer simpson doh!!
Surely it might have occured to him that he would get into the papers if I got snapped wearing that. The boy has no common sense whatsoever.

It heartens me that we have a man with real potential to succeed the Duke of Edinburgh as supreme Royal patron of faux pas.

Latest

Trending

Trending