Prince Harry the Nazi... Watch

This discussion is closed.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
Is this kind of behaviour, along with Harry's party stunt, condonable if there arent many Jews whose family perished at Auschwitz?
I've decided to go to many next fancy dress party as Henry Kissinger, what do you think vienna?
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
I've decided to go to many next fancy dress party as Henry Kissinger, what do you think vienna?
You can do whatever you like.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is this kind of behaviour, along with Harry's party stunt, condonable if there arent many Jews whose family perished at Auschwitz?
I really don't care Vienna. If Harry wants to wear a Nazi arm band at a private fancy dress party that's his business. It matters not one jot what you or I think about it or how many second generation Aushwitz jews there are in the country.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Vienna's going as first lady Barbara Bush. :rolleyes:
granddad_bob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I don't think one can readilly be sued for wearing a Nazi arm band at a fancy dress party.
except in germany.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by granddad_bob)
except in germany.
They can arrest you and lock you away in Germany for that (and I think France is pushing for the same) In fact they can even lock you up for being a holocaust denier (sp?) in Germany. I think you'd have to be pretty daft to deny the holocaust ever happened; apparently they lock daft people up in Germany.
rhino
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Although what Harry did was by all standards in "bad taste" it must be taken into perspective. He is a 20 year old guy who did some thing a bit stupid rather that a vicious anti-Semitic attack on survivors and British Jews. He has apologized for his actions and it should be left at that! There is no reason for the media to all jump on the bandwagon and give him such a go. In fact lots of Jewish group have accepted the wrong doing AND the apology.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
I'd usually agree but I think that people must realise that unfortunately he isn't just a regular 20 year old, he needs a certain sense of responsability that most 20 year olds wouldn't have and he's had access to the best education and should be well aware of his position. Besides if you're going to see him as just any other citizen who was just having fun than he could face even more extreme consequences than not being accepted,as a regular citizen could be sued for Nazi propaganda....
fraid they can't.
I think anyone thats been to a preimer football match before would have seen some of the meatheads that frequent this country with various naziesque slogans and tats.
Can i just point out to vienna that yes the jews suffered terribly under the nazis, but they certainly weren't the only ones. I think that fact is often lost on some people
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
They can arrest you and lock you away in Germany for that (and I think France is pushing for the same) In fact they can even lock you up for being a holocaust denier (sp?) in Germany. I think you'd have to be pretty daft to deny the holocaust ever happened; apparently they lock daft people up in Germany.
yes well, i think thats as much about vigilence as anything else. After all, ideals like nazism don't just die out after a war is lost. Some people will continue to harbour them and try to teach them to others. Hence why germany in particular takes a really strong stance to it
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rhino)
Although what Harry did was by all standards in "bad taste" it must be taken into perspective. He is a 20 year old guy who did some thing a bit stupid rather that a vicious anti-Semitic attack on survivors and British Jews. He has apologized for his actions and it should be left at that! There is no reason for the media to all jump on the bandwagon and give him such a go. In fact lots of Jewish group have accepted the wrong doing AND the apology.
Precisely
I think much of the furore is from people that hav been dying to have a go, and now have an opportunity.
I mean come on, he's hardly like his grandad is he!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really don't care Vienna.
You either condone it or you dont.
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think they should close sandhurst... and my next party is alic in wonderland themed so i am going as the drugged slug bloke
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You either condone it or you dont.
Or can I remain impartial and say that I don't care what Harry wears? Is that allowed?
DenverDiva
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Precisely
I think much of the furore is from people that hav been dying to have a go, and now have an opportunity.
I mean come on, he's hardly like his grandad is he!

Would this be the same grandfather who fought in the Royal Navy during WWII?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or can I remain impartial and say that I don't care what Harry wears? Is that allowed?
To not regard this action one way or the other would be to condone it.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DenverDiva)
Would this be the same grandfather who fought in the Royal Navy during WWII?
The Greek chap that enjoys making jokes about Chinese people's "squinty eyes" Probably the same one.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To not regard this action one way or the other would be to condone it.
As you wish Vienna. I condone it.
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As you wish Vienna. I condone it.
You only condone it if it is considered an offense, which, judging by the people on this board, is very much open to debate.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You only condone it if it is considered an offense, which, judging by the people on this board, is very much open to debate.
It doesn't offend me but it obviously offends others. So, I suppose I personally can't condone it can I? :confused:
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesn't offend me but it obviously offends others. So, I suppose I personally can't condone it can I? :confused:
It depends how you define offense really.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (89)
19.96%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.36%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed