My (ex) blocked me on social media after we had sex and I can’t move on

Watch
fillipasmith
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone!

Ex into parentheses because I have never been in an actual relationship with this guy.We had a quick story months ago after we started talking through a uni groupchat. I developed a big crush on him and he told me that he liked me, we decided to meet and I lost my virginity to him this day but it went too fast for him and we both weren't ready for a relationship at the time, plus we had a pregnancy scare after this, so we « broke up » on good terms. I asked him not to stay in touch, what we did. We didn’t talk or see each other afterwards.

Last month, 4 months after the « breakup », there was a party at the place where he lives and I was invited. At some point all my friends left, but I was drunk and panicked because I didn’t know where to stay the night. This, in addition to the effects of alcohol on my sexual and emotional hormones, made me text him on Snapchat and ask if he wanted to have sex.

He told me it wasn’t a good idea to see each other after what we’ve been through, with me being drunk and him sober, that things will be messy again. He said that I should think through it more and talk to him about this when I was sober or in the morning. I said that it was fine, that it was only for one night, and that I was over him. He finally told me that he could « give me a bed » but that nothing could happen and that I had to leave as soon as I wake up. I agreed.

Once I arrived in his flat, we went in his bedroom and he opened Netflix in his computer and asked me what I wanted to watch. We chose a show, played it, but obviously there was a huge sexual tension and we ended up having sex (a great sex), after a few seconds.

It was awful afterwards because he told me that he was trying to forget about our story and that me popping up and us having sex again was a huge mistake. I also cried at some point, realizing that I wasn’t actually over him. We had a weird emotional argument, promised to never talk again and didn’t sleep well.

When I left in the morning, we hugged each other and he told me « have fun hating me » as a goodbye.I thought that things were cool but apparently not.

He blocked me on Snapchat 24 hours after. And a few days later, I uploaded a story on Instagram and as soon as he saw it, he blocked me on Instagram as well. He didn’t block me on Facebook, but we both don’t use it anyways. One month has passed and I’m still not over it. What messes with my mind the most is that he hasn’t blocked his ex, who apparently has been terribly mean to him post-breakup, but he blocked me.

I would like to have some external reactions about this situation
theycallmegigi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
awwe, you poor thing. Has it been long since y'all broke up?
Cryoraptor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
...I am so confused. Is this an elaborate troll?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cryoraptor)
...I am so confused. Is this an elaborate troll?
It looks like the OP was deleted and the thread glitched.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Foxehh)
It looks like the OP was deleted and the thread glitched.
That's what I was confused about. I saw the title, and then theycallmegigi's comment looked like a response instead of an OP. Wow. This site is breaking more and more as time goes on...
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's what I was confused about. I saw the title, and then theycallmegigi's comment looked like a response instead of an OP. Wow. This site is breaking more and more as time goes on...
:yep: It has been an issue for a while. Moderation just doesnt care enough to deal with it, like everything else that's broken on this site.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:yep: It has been an issue for a while. Moderation just doesnt care enough to deal with it, like everything else that's broken on this site.
The moderators of this website are a complete joke. I got over 30 warnings before I was banned, and when I was banned, it was for calling an anti-vaxxer an 'idiot'. I've called people c*nts on here before and didn't even get warnings. I get banned for that, but said anti-vaxxers and concern trolls are continually allowed to spread their misinformation and derail conversation of important megathreads...

Don't even get me started on the kinds of things extremist muslims have been allowed to say on this site before without getting removed...
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The moderators of this website are a complete joke. I got over 30 warnings before I was banned, and when I was banned, it was for calling an anti-vaxxer an 'idiot'. I've called people c*nts on here before and didn't even get warnings. I get banned for that, but said anti-vaxxers and concern trolls are continually allowed to spread their misinformation and derail conversation of important megathreads...

Don't even get me started on the kinds of things extremist muslims have been allowed to say on this site before without getting removed...
In fairness the site isnt actively moderated by the community staff, they only reply to reports, whether you get a slap on the wrist depends on if someone reports you or not. They've acknowledged in the past that there is an issue with the inconstancy of cards and posting tips though I doubt they plan to do anything about it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Rebecca, is that you?
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In fairness the site isnt actively moderated by the community staff, they only reply to reports, whether you get a slap on the wrist depends on if someone reports you or not. They've acknowledged in the past that there is an issue with the inconstancy of cards and posting tips though I doubt they plan to do anything about it.
I've reported said trolls and anti-vaxxers in the past and nothing was done about them. In all fairness a lot of my reports were answered, but the inconsistency of it all is proof that this system doesn't really work, imo.
WealthyWilliam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fillipasmith)
Hi everyone!

Ex into parentheses because I have never been in an actual relationship with this guy.We had a quick story months ago after we started talking through a uni groupchat. I developed a big crush on him and he told me that he liked me, we decided to meet and I lost my virginity to him this day but it went too fast for him and we both weren't ready for a relationship at the time, plus we had a pregnancy scare after this, so we « broke up » on good terms. I asked him not to stay in touch, what we did. We didn’t talk or see each other afterwards.

Last month, 4 months after the « breakup », there was a party at the place where he lives and I was invited. At some point all my friends left, but I was drunk and panicked because I didn’t know where to stay the night. This, in addition to the effects of alcohol on my sexual and emotional hormones, made me text him on Snapchat and ask if he wanted to have sex.

He told me it wasn’t a good idea to see each other after what we’ve been through, with me being drunk and him sober, that things will be messy again. He said that I should think through it more and talk to him about this when I was sober or in the morning. I said that it was fine, that it was only for one night, and that I was over him. He finally told me that he could « give me a bed » but that nothing could happen and that I had to leave as soon as I wake up. I agreed.

Once I arrived in his flat, we went in his bedroom and he opened Netflix in his computer and asked me what I wanted to watch. We chose a show, played it, but obviously there was a huge sexual tension and we ended up having sex (a great sex), after a few seconds.

It was awful afterwards because he told me that he was trying to forget about our story and that me popping up and us having sex again was a huge mistake. I also cried at some point, realizing that I wasn’t actually over him. We had a weird emotional argument, promised to never talk again and didn’t sleep well.

When I left in the morning, we hugged each other and he told me « have fun hating me » as a goodbye.I thought that things were cool but apparently not.

He blocked me on Snapchat 24 hours after. And a few days later, I uploaded a story on Instagram and as soon as he saw it, he blocked me on Instagram as well. He didn’t block me on Facebook, but we both don’t use it anyways. One month has passed and I’m still not over it. What messes with my mind the most is that he hasn’t blocked his ex, who apparently has been terribly mean to him post-breakup, but he blocked me.

I would like to have some external reactions about this situation
Sorry to hear about that I understand times are tough but if you are interested in making a few thousand pounds send me a message back and let’s talk. I’ve got some great opportunities for you ! Just send me a message and I’ll show you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.25%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.35%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.14%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (57)
11.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.48%

Watched Threads