Student 56007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am in my second year of uni and I have missed a deadline for one of my modules. I have 3 more left and they’re due in a few days and it’s impossible to finish. I have decided I do not want to continue with uni again. What do I do as I do not want to continue with uni . I see no point in trying to attempt to do the essays or get an extension but I do not want to call up the uni and “drop out” as I will have to pay back my maintenance loan. What happens if I don’t submit my last essays and if I do this and not return to uni and call them up in august saying I’m not returning will they start to charge me right away or after I earn £21k a year
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you don’t submit any work then it’s likely that your university will start withdrawing you for non attendance/engagement.

You would be better off asking for help than ignoring the problems.
eduorclinpsych
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely get in touch with your uni ASAP about your feelings, why you want to drop out etc.

They might be able to offer extensions so that you're better able to complete these essays.

I knew someone that deferred their year due to extenuating circumstances. In the end, they decided not to return and so had to pay back their loans (which, fair enough, the loans are on the understanding you complete the qualification).

If you're facing extenuating circumstances or perhaps something is going on to cause you to struggle and you don't know if they're extenuating circumstances, get in touch with your course provider or student support.

You may feel you never want to do uni again but that could change just as quickly as your mind seems to have done between wanting to study a degree and then not. If you just ignore it and flunk out you won't be able to access future funding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (104)
27.51%
England (127)
33.6%
Belgium (30)
7.94%
Germany (40)
10.58%
Spain (8)
2.12%