Bored_person
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a Year 10 student, predicted mostly 7/8's in my subjects, but i just can't do physics. In my Chemistry and Biology exams I always get more than 70%, but in Physics, I struggle to get more than 50%. Anyone help? My Physics mock is next month, and I am terrified. I am taking AQA Single Science Physics. I genuinely enjoy the subject and find a lot of the topics very interesting but some parts, especially Topic 5 with Forces just doesn't make sense. I have tried writing notes, cornell notes, watching Free Science Lessons but nothing works. My teacher doesn't even teach so its hard to teach myself all the content, and I aim to get all 7/8's in my mocks. I find the mark scheme really strict, and the application questions are just so confusing. I also want to take Chemistry and Biology A-Levels, and I have to get a 7 in the GCSE to go to the Sixth Form at my school. If anyone has been in the same situation, any advice/help would be much appreciated.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bored_person)
I am a Year 10 student, predicted mostly 7/8's in my subjects, but i just can't do physics. In my Chemistry and Biology exams I always get more than 70%, but in Physics, I struggle to get more than 50%. Anyone help? My Physics mock is next month, and I am terrified. I am taking AQA Single Science Physics. I genuinely enjoy the subject and find a lot of the topics very interesting but some parts, especially Topic 5 with Forces just doesn't make sense. I have tried writing notes, cornell notes, watching Free Science Lessons but nothing works. My teacher doesn't even teach so its hard to teach myself all the content, and I aim to get all 7/8's in my mocks. I find the mark scheme really strict, and the application questions are just so confusing. I also want to take Chemistry and Biology A-Levels, and I have to get a 7 in the GCSE to go to the Sixth Form at my school. If anyone has been in the same situation, any advice/help would be much appreciated.
The Bitesize page is useful:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zsc9rdm

What do you mean when you say:

"My teacher doesn't even teach so it's hard to teach myself all the content".
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
mch2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did gcse's 5 years ago so I cant help with any content as I don't remember it but what I do remember was practicing loads especially with learning all of the equations i found that was key. In year 10 I remember being like you except I literally got about 3 or 4 marks in physics if I was lucky however by the middle of year 11 I was getting top marks. Maybe you just need the pin to drop you seem motivated so I am sure you will get there eventually!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many practice questions have you been doing? that's 80% of it. Notes and all that are just for reference.
Bored_person
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
The Bitesize page is useful:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zsc9rdm

What do you mean when you say:

"My teacher doesn't even teach so it's hard to teach myself all the content".
I'll check out that page thank you. My Physics genuinely doesn't teach us, he only focuses on students who are failing, and not on any students like me who are just passing. I have complained multiple times but he is the head of the Physics department at my school so they don't do anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed