Help i think i took too much paracetemol

Watch
JakeM895
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ive taken 8 paracetamol tablets in a 24 hour period, I took 5 about 20 hours ago and just took another three because ive been having bad stomach cramps the last 2 days, and these seem to be doing nothing about the cramps if anything they have got worse, Is this too much???
Last edited by JakeM895; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
'The usual dose for adults is one or two 500mg tablets up to 4 times in 24 hours.'
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JakeM895)
Ive taken 8 paracetamol tablets in a 24 hour period, I took 5 about 20 hours ago and just took another three because ive been having bad stomach cramps the last 2 days, and these seem to be doing nothing about the cramps if anything they have got worse, Is this too much???
No more than 8 tablets over 24 hours is the NHS advice, but they are meant to be taken either one or two at a time.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/paracetamol-for-adults/

I would suggest calling the 111 service for further advice.

What kind of cramps are these?
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
JakeM895
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
They're stomach cramps, Havent been feeling welll past couple day's, But the cramps have been doing this from about 3am last night non stop went to work came home because they didnt go away and took another 3 at once
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JakeM895)
They're stomach cramps, Havent been feeling welll past couple day's, But the cramps have been doing this from about 3am last night non stop went to work came home because they didnt go away and took another 3 at once
How do you feel now?

What do you think is causing the cramps?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really not a good thing to do, unlikely to do any permanent damage but apap is decidedly not good for you in large doses.
Was listneing to a speech by a doctor a wee while ago on the topic of pain meds and he noted if it had been discovered now its unlikely most of these nsaids, i assume including apap, would have ever been allowed near the market
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.82%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (56)
24.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.36%

Watched Threads