What is life in the UAL accommodation like? (Highline Building specifically)

Watch
roenais
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If anyone here has lived there, I'd love to know more about life in UAL's halls. I'm specifically looking at the Highline building but I've applied to a few different ones as secondary choices.

The site is a little vague about details, like what actually are the laundry facilities? Do you have to pay for them? How does mail work, are you allowed to put up posters/decorate/have friends stay over, are the walls thin, etc etc.

Just if anyone who has lived in their halls can give a little overview of what the rules and lifestyle is like in there, I'd be grateful! Even if you've lived in a different hall to the one I'm looking at.
sirjames9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also applied to Highline as my first choice, I believe its the most sought-after accommodation for UAL. Its a great location, lots going on around Elephant and Castle and obviously right next to LCC. Idk about highline, but according to friends at Gardens House, the security is quite strict, especially due to covid restrictions. There are a couple videos of inside halls and dorms at Highline on youtube, It looks great tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads