fatiana
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so I have to submit a personal statement for an undergraduate course and i want someone to read it and see if there's anything that I should add before uploading it? I don't have anyone else to ask so I came on tsr (I'm a loser I know :lol:)
Last edited by fatiana; 4 weeks ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fatiana)
so I have to submit a personal statement for an undergraduate course and i want someone to read it and see if there's anything that I should add before uploading it? I don't have anyone else to ask so I came on tsr (I'm a loser I know :lol/: )
Do not upload it here. It can be checked for plagiarism even if it is your own work!

There is a private forum in which you can ask for your personal statement to be checked...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1372
S1M001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fatiana)
so I have to submit a personal statement for an undergraduate course and i want someone to read it and see if there's anything that I should add before uploading it? I don't have anyone else to ask so I came on tsr (I'm a loser I know :lol:)
People advise that you shouldn’t share your personal statement until you’ve been accepted to your university. I know the cycle may be halfway done but just be careful.
fatiana
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Do not upload it here. It can be checked for plagiarism even if it is your own work!

There is a private forum in which you can ask for your personal statement to be checked...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1372
thank you!
(Original post by S1M001)
People advise that you shouldn’t share your personal statement until you’ve been accepted to your university. I know the cycle may be halfway done but just be careful.
ohh, thanks
kidinthedark90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn't let anyone read it online. Don't send it to anyone. There was an incident at my college a few years ago where someone online plagiarised someone else's personal statement and both of their applications were thrown out by UCAS.

Get as many people as you know in real life to read it, and you'll be fine!
fatiana
Rep:
?
(Original post by kidinthedark90)
I wouldn't let anyone read it online. Don't send it to anyone. There was an incident at my college a few years ago where someone online plagiarised someone else's personal statement and both of their applications were thrown out by UCAS.

Get as many people as you know in real life to read it, and you'll be fine!
oh damn
all my friends are the inactive type who don't check their phones until after 4 days or so XD only one of my friends skim read it but I'm still unsure. Thank you for the advice though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.15%
England (98)
33.68%
Belgium (25)
8.59%
Germany (37)
12.71%
Spain (5)
1.72%