URGENT: Extenuating Circumstances

Watch
saaad32
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, so basically my examination session this year started on 27 April and just ended yesterday. Unfortunately, I tested positive for COVID-19 on April 20 and since then I've had really high fever, muscle pain, fatigue and exhaustion. the symptoms have continued past the initial 3 weeks as well.

This means that I've put in a request to defer all my exams to the late summer session

I've got a positive COVID test report and notes from my doctors too detailing this, so the Uni isn't in a position to reject my request is it?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by saaad32)
Hi, so basically my examination session this year started on 27 April and just ended yesterday. Unfortunately, I tested positive for COVID-19 on April 20 and since then I've had really high fever, muscle pain, fatigue and exhaustion. the symptoms have continued past the initial 3 weeks as well.

This means that I've put in a request to defer all my exams to the late summer session

I've got a positive COVID test report and notes from my doctors too detailing this, so the Uni isn't in a position to reject my request is it?
Hi! saaad32

I'm so sorry to hear this.
I would think that your university should understand the circumstances, especially as they are COVID related. It sounds like you've got all the right evidence and everything which is really helpful

I hope this helps and best of luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you tested positive and I'm sorry that you've had all them symptoms, I hope you're doing better now? As you have evidence and doctors notes, you should be fine and the university should be understanding! Have you submitted them this evidence? If so then theres no reason why they wouldn't reject it

I wish you all the best Let me know the outcome!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago

Any chance you go to the University of Wolverhampton?
saaad32
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep)
Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you tested positive and I'm sorry that you've had all them symptoms, I hope you're doing better now? As you have evidence and doctors notes, you should be fine and the university should be understanding! Have you submitted them this evidence? If so then theres no reason why they wouldn't reject it

I wish you all the best Let me know the outcome!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
I certainly will, thank you so much! fingers crossed 🤞
saaad32
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi! saaad32

I'm so sorry to hear this.
I would think that your university should understand the circumstances, especially as they are COVID related. It sounds like you've got all the right evidence and everything which is really helpful

I hope this helps and best of luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Thank you! I'm really hoping they understand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (45)
28.48%
No (113)
71.52%

Watched Threads