Accused of hitting a parked car

Watch
Harleehood2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there I'm a part time delivery driver and was looking for an address on a new build area reversed up a street that's still under construction and a site entrance/asked for the address and no one knew 20 mins later the people that I asked about the address accused me of hitting there car I strongly disagree
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Harleehood2017)
Hi there I'm a part time delivery driver and was looking for an address on a new build area reversed up a street that's still under construction and a site entrance/asked for the address and no one knew 20 mins later the people that I asked about the address accused me of hitting there car I strongly disagree
Okay, and what would you like us to do about it?
Harleehood2017
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Okay, and what would you like us to do about it?
What do you think am not into law just bit of advice I did give me name and number but that's it there was marks on her car but nothing on mine
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you think am not into law just bit of advice I did give me name and number but that's it there was marks on her car but nothing on mine
You either hit it or you didn't. Which is it?
Harleehood2017
Rep:
?
You either hit it or you didn't. Which is it?
Didn't
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't
So why have you handed a stranger your contact information? What evidence did they have?
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can tell us the truth because we won’t judge 😃
Last edited by YaliaV123; 1 month ago
Harleehood2017
Rep:
?
So why have you handed a stranger your contact information? What evidence did they have?
None a didn't think at time I was in shock to think this
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
None a didn't think at time I was in shock to think this
Uh huh...
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea 'shock' doesn't make much sense unless you know fine well you'd done or hit something tbh.

"You hit my car"

"No I didn't"

"Give me your details!"

"No"

"I'll call the police!"

"You do that" *leave*
Teddy650123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The fear of hitting someone’s car then driving off thinking you didn’t just for them to do you for hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident or whatever it is they do you for nowadays so it’s always best to get out and check damage and ask what evidence they have etc, you can tell if you’ve hit a car by looking at their car and your own and matching the damage together and in all honestly idk how you could miss hitting a car especially when reversing up a street where you’re going to be fully focused on observations.

There is people who claim you’ve hit them to get past damage repaired it’s happened to me, you’re saying there’s no damage on yours but is on hers? If you’re 100% sure you didn’t hit anything why would you hand over your details for them to now claim you hit their car?

I think in this situation I would of just drove off if I was certain I didn’t hit anything and they probably would of dropped it as it sounds like they’re just trying to get some damage repaired caused by themselves or someone else.
Last edited by Teddy650123; 1 month ago
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Teddy650123)
idk how you could miss hitting a car especially when reversing up a street where you’re going to be fully focused on observations.
This, it's just not credible that you wouldn't notice IMO, you feel the weight balance of the car change immediately, even for small plastic impacts like bumpers

And yep, there's totally chancers out there who will see a wet behind the ears driver as a ticket for a free car/repairs, they don't give a **** how much it costs you in excess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.03%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.9%

Watched Threads