gogrizz123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yknas1732)
For medical students on placement are you allowed to wear
black trainers ?
Im not a medical student but I did go on a ward round once and was told off by the consultant for wearing a t shirt and jeans with trainers, so Id say avoid the black trainers and wear dress shoes
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ecolier might know?

I think trainers aren't uncommon for people to wear with scrubs in hospitals but, I might be wrong. Do you have a tutor who organises the placements whom you could ask about dress code for placements?
Last edited by artful_lounger; 4 weeks ago
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
black trainers ?
If you can't easily see they are trainers it'd probably be fine. Especially if its a ward type environment with lots of moving around, rather than sitting in a clinic. You'd probably be in a minority if you did it though.

I think there's a bit of regional variation too, with London being more formal. So I hear.

(Original post by gogrizz123)
Im not a medical student but I did go on a ward round once and was told off by the consultant for wearing a t shirt and jeans with trainers, so Id say avoid the black trainers and wear dress shoes
Well yeah - you wore jeans and a t-shirt to a professional environment - of course he said something. Don't think the problem was your lack of dress shoes there!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
black trainers ?
Personally I wouldn't mind - especially if you will be wearing scrubs but as said it depends on the department / hospital.

(Original post by gogrizz123)
:lol: of course you would, I would tell you off too!

Unless you are there as a visitor, why would you be wearing casual clothes on a work experience (I assume this is what it was)? You are expected to dress professional as a medical student.

(Original post by artful_lounger)
ecolier might know?...
:ta:
gogrizz123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
:lol: of course you would, I would tell you off too!

Unless you are there as a visitor, why would you be wearing casual clothes on a work experience (I assume this is what it was)? You are expected to dress professional as a medical student.
yeah it was work experience and I thought I was gonna be in theatres that day so I didnt think about what I was wearing lol
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
black trainers ?
I wouldn’t on day one but then gage based on how nice your firm is/what they wear - you do hear about consultants raging over trainers. It’s much harder to go ‘too formal’ than too casual so if in doubt dress up?

On placement today the reg had some lovely red converse and matching spotty socks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.28%
No (186)
70.72%

Watched Threads