sar.br
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,Any recommendations for accommodation, especially for exchange students wanting to stay only a semester?
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sar.br)
Hi,Any recommendations for accommodation, especially for exchange students wanting to stay only a semester?
Pretty sure the university can house you in either Melville Grove or Tudor Place? Have you applied to either?
sar.br
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sandtrooper)
Pretty sure the university can house you in either Melville Grove or Tudor Place? Have you applied to either?
I haven't yet. I wanted to compare with other accommodations before booking. I'm still not sure to be able to come to Liverpool due to Covid, July 1st the final decision will be made by my outgoing exchange team.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't yet. I wanted to compare with other accommodations before booking. I'm still not sure to be able to come to Liverpool due to Covid, July 1st the final decision will be made by my outgoing exchange team.
I would recommend living in university owned rooms if you can. You'll get more rights than if you just go with a random landlord, and it will be much easier to meet people as well. Also, a lot of landlords in the UK won't let you stay for just a semester, whereas the university will.
sar.br
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sandtrooper)
I would recommend living in university owned rooms if you can. You'll get more rights than if you just go with a random landlord, and it will be much easier to meet people as well. Also, a lot of landlords in the UK won't let you stay for just a semester, whereas the university will.
Okay thanks!
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there,

Glad to hear you are hoping to come to Liverpool to study! As Sandtrooper has said you might be best in University accommodation who have a set up specifically for exchange students (one semester contracts), and this way you will be with other University of Liverpool students. However, you might wish to look at some private accommodation and if you do look up Liverpool Student Homes (https://www.liverpoolstudenthomes.org/Accommodation), to be listed here the provider must meet a certain standard - there may some providers who will offer a shorter contract than the usual full academic year.

Hope this is helpful

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
39.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
11.16%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.7%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (53)
23.66%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise