Unpopular opinion: Billie Eillish

Watch
nerual16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone else think she changed her look to a basic and simple one now that she's famous enough not to have an 'image'? Her selling point was her unique style and personality more than her music (probably another unpopular opinion) but now she got rid of it not because she's 'happier than ever' but just not needing popularity
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
shhe is rich now
haroldstyles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nerual16)
Anyone else think she changed her look to a basic and simple one now that she's famous enough not to have an 'image'? Her selling point was her unique style and personality more than her music (probably another unpopular opinion) but now she got rid of it not because she's 'happier than ever' but just not needing popularity
im 5 days late but HEAVILY disagree.
If you read her vogue interview it really does give an insight into her new "era" and the reason behind it. It overall just shows how she has become more comfortable with herself and her body and is embracing her happiness!

The whole point is that no one can tell her WHO she has to be or what her image should or shouldnt be and instead she has grown as a person!
But I really recommend you read the interview to truly understand everything.
Also she uses her clothes and style as a way of expressing herself, which is why it will always change, as she changes. And only being 19 means its gonna change A LOT.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
i don't know much about her but if that's the case it's not uncommon to change your image/go from one extreme to another just to stay interesting. Lady Gaga did it and so did Miley Cyrus, and so has Kayne, Justin Bieber and Harry Styles. it's a marketing tool. if you're the same every day for some artists it can get boring and you need to spark a new story to stay interesting. bearing in mind tho your image has to change with your age; like, no one is going to take you seriously if you're still projecting a 16 year old at 25 (all that said i don't know much about Billy Eilish so can't say if she's changed her image or not lol).
Last edited by Joleee; 4 weeks ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ms Eilish is very stylish

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...1602700090.jpg
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Never trusted her look. I don't even think it was her choice. I don't follow her but I'm not surprised if she gets rid of the weirdo look. First of all a singer called Alma had the look years before.

Eilish's music style, personality and lifestyle does not match her look at ALL. Without her look, her music and her would be boring. "Her" image worked because it was very ironic and opposite to everything else about her. If she was a rapper, her same image would be criticised. But she does classical type music and not a very strong voice. Be honest. Would you pay attention to her music if she looked posh which she really is? The opposite with Adele. Adele LOOKS very classy but she's very soulful and kinda chavvy tbf.

Having an opposite look to your style is genius marketing. She's ditched it because it wasn't really her.
Last edited by Bang Outta Order; 4 weeks ago
nerual16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by haroldstyles)
im 5 days late but HEAVILY disagree.
If you read her vogue interview it really does give an insight into her new "era" and the reason behind it. It overall just shows how she has become more comfortable with herself and her body and is embracing her happiness!

The whole point is that no one can tell her WHO she has to be or what her image should or shouldnt be and instead she has grown as a person!
But I really recommend you read the interview to truly understand everything.
Also she uses her clothes and style as a way of expressing herself, which is why it will always change, as she changes. And only being 19 means its gonna change A LOT.
I think it’s just a made up back story to create this whole interesting idea that she’s changed when really she’s just famous enough to not rely on her look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads