Transfer University from Scottish to English

Watch
Asktr196
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I was wondering can I do a transfer from Scottish Uni to English Uni. I have gotten a place offered in Scotland on (Radiotherapy program 4 years). Would I be able to transfer to a English University after my first academic year in a Scotland University?

My reason for transferring would be to looking after my younger brother who's vulnerable and I'm the only one looking for him at present.

Thank you in advance
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You'd need to check with the universities that you'd like to transfer to

Due to the mismatch between the scottish and english HE system you wouldn't be able to go from yr 1 in scotland to yr 2 in England - you'd need to restart in yr 1
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you already know you want to go a different Uni, then dont bother starting year 1 in Scotland - take a gap year and apply to the Uni you actually do want to go to,
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Asktr196)
Hi,

I was wondering can I do a transfer from Scottish Uni to English Uni. I have gotten a place offered in Scotland on (Radiotherapy program 4 years). Would I be able to transfer to a English University after my first academic year in a Scotland University?

My reason for transferring would be to looking after my younger brother who's vulnerable and I'm the only one looking for him at present.

Thank you in advance
This may be possible; the decision would be made by an academic tutor and would be based on the content of your previous study.
Contact the admissions department of the university you wish to transfer to with details of your request, along with copies of your transcript/module information and they will be able to advise you from there.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (25)
29.76%
No (59)
70.24%

Watched Threads