how to make a YouTube video

Watch
Ferrari08
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi so basically I wanna like do a topic by topic maths video without actually showing myself. So just the questions coming up, me working them and talking through in the background. Anyone know which apps to use and how to actually do this. Sorry I am a proper noob.
nnth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrari08)
hi so basically I wanna like do a topic by topic maths video without actually showing myself. So just the questions coming up, me working them and talking through in the background. Anyone know which apps to use and how to actually do this. Sorry I am a proper noob.
I've made a few YouTube videos before. Some free software and tools that I used were:

• Microsoft PowerPoint to record my screen (go to "Insert", and you'll see screen recording on the end of the bar),
  • And the recording app that came with my computer to record my voice.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nnth)
I've made a few YouTube videos before. Some free software and tools that I used were:

• Microsoft PowerPoint to record my screen (go to "Insert", and you'll see screen recording on the end of the bar),
  • And the recording app that came with my computer to record my voice.
Ahh I see thank you ill try that. I want to do some maths and then talk in the background. With questions coming up on the screen if that makes sense.
eduorclinpsych
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've set up my phone with a small desk tripod so that it's filming down at the desk where my hands are.

It was really handy for showing workings out etc.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eduorclinpsych)
I've set up my phone with a small desk tripod so that it's filming down at the desk where my hands are.

It was really handy for showing workings out etc.
Ahh I see. D What do you do after like how do you make it into a video with editing and your voice in the background.
eduorclinpsych
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ahh I see. D What do you do after like how do you make it into a video with editing and your voice in the background.
Nothing fancy, I did just narrate as it was recording so I didn't need to worry about popping in the vocals afterwards.

I just used the video editing software that's free on my computer, uploaded the video file there and cut out parts that I didn't want included (you can also upload a separate sound file if you do want to add a post-recorded voice over here).

Nothing super amazing but it got the job done and proved very helpful to those who watched it.

Watch some YouTube videos on editing for beginners - we all have to learn somewhere!
anonymous2481
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrari08)
What's your youtube channel?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (102)
27.42%
England (124)
33.33%
Belgium (29)
7.8%
Germany (40)
10.75%
Spain (8)
2.15%