applying for Exeter uni accommodation - Birks Town House versus St German's

Watch
yasminb13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please can someone tell me how social each one is as I am very social myself and what kind of vibes they have - I am aware St German's rooms are nicer.
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the idea one accommodation is more 'social' is a bit of a myth; it will depend on who goes to each accommodation, and what your flat is like... that will change each year.

For both of these the residence life team try and match you with people similar to you in terms of social life and interests... so you are normally placed quite well.

I was in St Germans and loved it; nice rooms (double beds!), great location, and I was lucky that my flat (and whole block) was great.
yasminb13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MatthewAteYou)
I think the idea one accommodation is more 'social' is a bit of a myth; it will depend on who goes to each accommodation, and what your flat is like... that will change each year.

For both of these the residence life team try and match you with people similar to you in terms of social life and interests... so you are normally placed quite well.

I was in St Germans and loved it; nice rooms (double beds!), great location, and I was lucky that my flat (and whole block) was great.
Yeah 100%, however, when applying I didn't have to take one of those questionnaires so I'm worried we won't be matched this year.

Secondly, would you call St German's one of the posher accommodations?
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yasminb13)
Yeah 100%, however, when applying I didn't have to take one of those questionnaires so I'm worried we won't be matched this year.

Secondly, would you call St German's one of the posher accommodations?
Fair! It’s always a bit of luck, but each of those accommodations I’ve known people to enjoy.

I don’t think so. When I was in halls there was a real mix of people, all from different countries and backgrounds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
17.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.06%

Watched Threads