Watch
FakeNobody
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay to make this quick

- Im currently in a Foundation Year
- I failed my exam (I got 49% and you need 50)
- I did the resit today....

and the worst possible thing happend , I went to bed at 10pm but I couldn't fall to sleep until 8am and the exam was at 10am. so after just 2 hours of sleep, I also developed a headache. I then proceeded to spend the entire biology exam trying to not fall alseep and I could tell by the end that I have failed.

I have emailed the assessment team and I'm currently waiting for a response and because this is also a resit. I feel like im about to get slapped off the course due to something that wasnt my fault.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t think there is much more that can be done until you get a response from the assessment team. Do you have a personal tutor? If so have you let them know?

What do you mean by it wasn’t your fault?
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wait what? How did it take you 10 hours to fall asleep??
FakeNobody
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
I don’t think there is much more that can be done until you get a response from the assessment team. Do you have a personal tutor? If so have you let them know?

What do you mean by it wasn’t your fault?
Because I don't have a switch in my head that allows me to fall asleep whenever I want , I just could not fall asleep.
FakeNobody
Rep:
?
(Original post by Celtic Conjurer)
Wait what? How did it take you 10 hours to fall asleep??
tbh , I don't even know . I just kept trying to sleep and the time went by so fast .
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FakeNobody)
tbh , I don't even know . I just kept trying to sleep and the time went by so fast .
I mean wait and see what they reply but I don’t imagine that you being unable to fall asleep will be considered an extenuating circumstance unless it’s a common side effect of a particular condition or something.
FakeNobody
Rep:
?
(Original post by Celtic Conjurer)
I mean wait and see what they reply but I don’t imagine that you being unable to fall asleep will be considered an extenuating circumstance unless it’s a common side effect of a particular condition or something.
So regardless of the fact that I had a strong headache and lack of sleep , they may still choose to say that it's not enough of a reason for any sort of help?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FakeNobody)
So regardless of the fact that I had a strong headache and lack of sleep , they may still choose to say that it's not enough of a reason for any sort of help?
Yes, this wouldn’t generally be a reason for extenuating circumstances tbf.
Best thing to do is get in contact with your personal tutor and explain you worries about your performance. They will let you know what your options may be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.1%
No (190)
70.9%

Watched Threads