Prom dress help!!

Watch
Elisee_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya, does any have any suggestions on where to look for a prom dress? It’s a year 13 prom so I don’t want a long dress x
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elisee_)
Hiya, does any have any suggestions on where to look for a prom dress? It’s a year 13 prom so I don’t want a long dress x
Obviously I don't know popular shops in your area, but my prom was pre-covid and I wanted a short dress anyway (mid-thigh ish) because they were more reasonably priced and I'm quite short anyway so didn't want a huge dress lol. But I went to shopping centres and tried dresses on just to see how they'd look on me and my figure. Then you can see what suits you and what you like. My dress wasn't actually a prom dress - it was just a dress I liked and was good for prom, so don't limit yourself to specifically prom dress shops.

Go in with an idea of what you're looking for - e.g. colours, off the shoulder, sleeves etc so it's easier rather than going in not having a clue. There are online shops like Oh Polly, maybe have a look on there? They're all quite form-fitting though so it depends if that's what you're looking for, but I quite like them. JJ's house or something like that do some too although I've never bought from there so can't really comment on those.

Bridesmaids shops will probably be expensive so it you could check there but I don't know. Maybe just research online? x
bobcatt45
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly ima boy but i love prom dresses but im 15 but anyways i might have some suggestions
rawrspamz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i'm choosing between these prom dresses for me
Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  10.7 KBName:  2_dde3451f-16c2-4d2c-bd77-72ddf975de61_300x.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  34.5 KB
bobcatt45
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
looks perfectly nice but i would recommend like that one but the cons are you might trip by mistake and things can get messy hopefully punch isn't going to be there because that would stain the white dress
Elisee_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anon033)
Obviously I don't know popular shops in your area, but my prom was pre-covid and I wanted a short dress anyway (mid-thigh ish) because they were more reasonably priced and I'm quite short anyway so didn't want a huge dress lol. But I went to shopping centres and tried dresses on just to see how they'd look on me and my figure. Then you can see what suits you and what you like. My dress wasn't actually a prom dress - it was just a dress I liked and was good for prom, so don't limit yourself to specifically prom dress shops.

Go in with an idea of what you're looking for - e.g. colours, off the shoulder, sleeves etc so it's easier rather than going in not having a clue. There are online shops like Oh Polly, maybe have a look on there? They're all quite form-fitting though so it depends if that's what you're looking for, but I quite like them. JJ's house or something like that do some too although I've never bought from there so can't really comment on those.

Bridesmaids shops will probably be expensive so it you could check there but I don't know. Maybe just research online? x
Thank you!! Xx
Book0306
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the white one definetly shows your figure id go for it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (88)
26.51%
England (110)
33.13%
Belgium (27)
8.13%
Germany (39)
11.75%
Spain (7)
2.11%