Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve had a recent change in heart over what degree I would like to pursue. I currently have an unconditional offer in Biomedical Sciences at QUB 2021 Entry. I was looking to apply for psychology in UCAS Extra, however there are no vacancies available. How likely is it that places will arise in clearing? I already have 3A*s in Biololgy, Chemistry and Mathematics. I also have experience in working with mental health conditions. I have involved myself in volunteering based around human psychology. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve had a recent change in heart over what degree I would like to pursue. I currently have an unconditional offer in Biomedical Sciences at QUB 2021 Entry. I was looking to apply for psychology in UCAS Extra, however there are no vacancies available. How likely is it that places will arise in clearing? I already have 3A*s in Biololgy, Chemistry and Mathematics. I also have experience in working with mental health conditions. I have involved myself in volunteering based around human psychology. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Anonymous,

I hope you are doing well. I can imagine that the idea of changing has been stressful but please don't worry.

Unfortunately clearing can be a tricky business, it can change a lot so I am afraid I am not sure whether there will be places or not. You have amazing A-Level results and it's great that you already have an offer for QUB. I think your best bet would be to talk to someone in admissions - if you drop them an email explaining your situation, I am sure they will be able to help you, [email protected], make sure to include your ucas reference number please to help them track down your application.

I hope everything goes well, please do not hesitate to come back to use with any questions or problems.

Best wishes
Alice, 2nd year Architecture
Team Queen's
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps)
Hi Anonymous,

I hope you are doing well. I can imagine that the idea of changing has been stressful but please don't worry.

Unfortunately clearing can be a tricky business, it can change a lot so I am afraid I am not sure whether there will be places or not. You have amazing A-Level results and it's great that you already have an offer for QUB. I think your best bet would be to talk to someone in admissions - if you drop them an email explaining your situation, I am sure they will be able to help you, [email protected], make sure to include your ucas reference number please to help them track down your application.

I hope everything goes well, please do not hesitate to come back to use with any questions or problems.

Best wishes
Alice, 2nd year Architecture
Team Queen's
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ve had a hard time recently, and I’ve been losing a lot of sleep over my plans for university. I have already emailed admissions, however they were only able to tell me that they were no longer considering applications to Psychology. I know it is late in the year, but my plans for education have changed since a family member received a serious diagnosis. Do places arise when people decline an offer, or whenever someone doesn’t achieve the grades needed?

Thanks again for all your help.
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ve had a hard time recently, and I’ve been losing a lot of sleep over my plans for university. I have already emailed admissions, however they were only able to tell me that they were no longer considering applications to Psychology. I know it is late in the year, but my plans for education have changed since a family member received a serious diagnosis. Do places arise when people decline an offer, or whenever someone doesn’t achieve the grades needed?

Thanks again for all your help.
Hi Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear about the hard times and stress you are going through. Clearing is when universities fill the places that have not been taken up so yes they are from people who didn't get in or declined. With clearing the best thing to do is just to be prepared. Have all the numbers and emails of the Universities ready to go. And with good grades you are more likely to get a place.
Also have you looked into UCAS extra? would you be elligble for that?
I hope this helps and I hope you get the opportunity to continue your studies,
Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third Year, English and History
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I had called the Admissions Helpline, and they told me that I was waiting on “confirmation not clearing”. How do I get this said confirmation? Also, could put in for an internal transfer from biomed into psychology in the first week? Is there any point in attempting to transfer? Thanks again for all your help
Queen's University Belfast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Anonymous,

We hope you are keeping well. We totally understand that the prospect of changing courses must be very stressful for you at the minute.

We have checked your original query out with our admissions team who have replied with the following information for you:

"At present we would not be a position to advise if the BSc Hons Psychology degree will appear in Clearing after the publication of results in August. However, for your information this course has not been available in Clearing in recent years. The following website will be updated in August after the publication of A-level results if vacancies arise: http://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/Undergraduate/clearing/.

For September 2022 entry please refer to our Undergraduate Course Finder: https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...sc-c800/#entry. "

We're so sorry we can't be of more help at this stage, but the availability on the course will be dependent on how many current offer holders take up their places when results are issued.

Wishing you all the very best for the future and hopefully we'll be able to welcome you to the Queen's family soon.

Kind regards,

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (86)
26.22%
England (110)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.23%
Germany (39)
11.89%
Spain (6)
1.83%