If I change course on results day, will I keep my accommodation offer?

Watch
BethRandell16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all!

I've firmly accepted an offer to study Sociology at the university of Bristol and fall into their 'guaranteed' accommodation set. I already asked if I could switch my course to Politics and Sociology and was turned down, and I plan to try again on results day (probably through adjustment).

I was wondering, if I am successful in changing courses will it recognise that I am staying within the same university and retain my accommodation offer?

Thank you!
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it's at the same uni then yes almost certainly, it shouldn't make a difference what you are studying. Obviously if it's another uni then you would likely need to apply for different accommodation anyway.
BethRandell16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
If it's at the same uni then yes almost certainly, it shouldn't make a difference what you are studying. Obviously if it's another uni then you would likely need to apply for different accommodation anyway.
Thank you! I was worried it wouldn’t recognise I was applying from Bristol to Bristol and therefore view me as ‘giving up’ my accommodation if that makes sense
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BethRandell16)
Thank you! I was worried it wouldn’t recognise I was applying from Bristol to Bristol and therefore view me as ‘giving up’ my accommodation if that makes sense
If only it were so easy to get out of rental contracts!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads