Uni of Bham, Liverpool, Cardiff or Lincoln??

Watch
NicoleWoodhouse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im currently a student at the University of Lincoln but have applied to change course and possibly university to English & history/Philosophy at the University of Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff University. I’m worried about moving to a big city because of crime etc, but I am aware that it happens anywhere... I don’t know which would give me the most opportunity after I graduate too!

I know it should be based on my opinion, but I wanted some idea on which you think is best for social life, the town itself, accommodation and opportunities after?? Do I stay in Lincoln or move to one of the other three?

Thank you in advance for your responses!!!
KeepingUpWKate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NicoleWoodhouse)
Im currently a student at the University of Lincoln but have applied to change course and possibly university to English & history/Philosophy at the University of Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff University. I’m worried about moving to a big city because of crime etc, but I am aware that it happens anywhere... I don’t know which would give me the most opportunity after I graduate too!

I know it should be based on my opinion, but I wanted some idea on which you think is best for social life, the town itself, accommodation and opportunities after?? Do I stay in Lincoln or move to one of the other three?

Hi! I study English lit at Cardiff uni. Honestly all the Uni's you mentioned seem great so you can't go wrong with any of them. Cardiff does have a great social life - lots of pubs and a great SU. Yeah, crime happens everywhere but I do feel relatively safe in Cardiff. Good luck on your decision! x
NicoleWoodhouse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Amazing, how do you find the course? && I hope so, I think I’m going to be visiting the cities this week for day trips to help me decide... hopefully I’ll know then. I’ve heard Cardiff feels quite safe to live in from others too! Thank you!!x
University of Birmingham
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Hi NicoleWoodhouse,

Great to hear that you're considering Birmingham! I studied English so I can vouch for that side of the course, it really is fantastic and gives you lots of opportunity to explore your interests

Birmingham is the UK's second city so as you can imagine there is a lot to see and do, however I think the city still feels very manageable in terms of its size, its pretty easy to get around via train and tram and the city is very student friendly as we have five different Universities in Birmingham!

Another reason why I loved studying at UoB was the campus, we are very lucky to be a city University that also has a beautiful green campus to enjoy. You really do get the best of both worlds in this way and I think it really contributes to the community feeling and great social life we have at UoB as we often use the green space on campus to host social events like Spring into Summer or Valefest.

We have a huge range of accommodation on offer to suit all budgets and we don't use a first come first served system, we use random allocation to make sure everyone has a fair chance of getting one of their accommodation choices.

Finally, Birmingham is the most-targeted University by top employers in 2020-21 (High Fliers Report 2021) and over 48% of our students choose to stay in the region for work after graduating. There are so many great employers who have key offices in Birmingham (HSBC, PWC, Gymshark, Student Beans and Lounge Underwear to name just a few) so it really is a fantastic place to be for developing your career.

I hope this helps but if you have any more questions just let me know! - Molly
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Hey @NicoleWoodhouse,

It's great to hear that you're considering the University of Liverpool!
Liverpool is a small city with an abundance of opportunity no matter what industry you would like to pursue!

Whilst crime occurs as in any city, I have always felt safe and there's constant security on campus so make you feel safe for any late night library sessions!

Liverpool has a brilliant social life, there are four universities in Liverpool so roughly 1 in 10 people in the city are students which gives it a super friendly feel.

Whilst I would thoroughly recommend Liverpool, I would advise talking to your academic advisor at Lincoln to determine if moving universities is the right move for you! You should also consider factors such as the change in student finance.

Antonia
University of Liverpool - Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (23)
39.66%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (5)
8.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
6.9%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (14)
24.14%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
12.07%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
8.62%

Watched Threads