Poll: Textiles or DT
Textiles (1)
33.33%
DT (2)
66.67%
aflowers
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I am currently choosing my GCSE options and I am trying to decide between doing textiles or DT (woodwork). Just wondering whether anyone has any advice or personal experiences on either of them. My other options I have chosen are Triple Science, Geography, German and Further Maths. Thanks
CletusYeetus
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I say DT, but I'm very biased, as woodwork is already a big hobby of mine.

With woodwork you can make:
• Furniture
• Tools
• Toys
• Basic machines
• Weapons
• Artwork (carving)
• Models

With textiles you can make:
• Clothes
• Bags

Furthermore, a woodwork course should teach you to use a more diverse set of skills and tools (chisels, files, saws, hammers, drills, and maybe a lathe if you're lucky, compared to literally just a needle/sewing machine), making it generally more interesting.
Last edited by CletusYeetus; 1 year ago
de poj
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have just finished my GCSE's and in which i studied gcse DT, in my opinion it has more pathway options for you at the end and in which with both textiles and dt are both creative i personally believe that dt would be a much better option than textiles. the chosen subjects in which you have picked would make a good combination with dt. Im a big fan on becoming a architect and all but from my friends opionion in which they do textiles they 24/7 complain and stuff but honeslty your choice be care full when picking make sure to pick subjects your passionate about and ones which you can motivate yourself to revise on.
Last edited by de poj; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (134)
66.34%
No (46)
22.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.89%

Watched Threads