hemani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I have received a conditional offer from the University of Glasgow to study dentistry (a 5-year undergrad course). Please could you let me know what kind of support I can get? This is my second degree so I understand that I will need to pay the tuition fees upfront. But will I be eligible for a maintenance loan? I also understand that the final year of a five-year dental course is funded by the NHS - does this still stand since I will be attending a Scottish uni even though I am a British citizen?

Thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hemani)
Hi,

I have received a conditional offer from the University of Glasgow to study dentistry (a 5-year undergrad course). Please could you let me know what kind of support I can get? This is my second degree so I understand that I will need to pay the tuition fees upfront. But will I be eligible for a maintenance loan? I also understand that the final year of a five-year dental course is funded by the NHS - does this still stand since I will be attending a Scottish uni even though I am a British citizen?

Thanks.
Hi ,
Scotland is still in the UK/Britain so it's fine to study there.

For undergraduate dentistry/medicine courses with a previous qualification - you can apply for Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants only, you will have to self fund the tuition fee.

Our guidance states:
Students can receive the usual package of support available to undergraduates in their first 4 years of study (Maintenance, Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Support such as Means Testing ML, Special Support, Maintenance Grant and DSA if applicable) subject to previous study and ELQ rules.

Students who hold an ELQ will be eligible for a Maintenance Loan only for the first 4 years of their course.

In the 5th and subsequent years of study they are entitled to an income assessed NHS Bursary and therefore, the reduced rate of maintenance loan only from SFE.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (107)
27.65%
England (131)
33.85%
Belgium (30)
7.75%
Germany (41)
10.59%
Spain (8)
2.07%