Which is the better sixth form college?

Watch
Celzo7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My family says Pendleton is a “stupid” school and that I should go Xaverian instead. Most of the people I dislike are going to Xaverian and my friends are going Pendleton... I can’t help but be influenced by the opinion of my family as they say Xaverian is the 2nd highest college after Loreto and how Pendleton isn’t even in top 10. Please help me choose or learn to find an excuse for my family to go to the college I want.
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Celzo7)
My family says Pendleton is a “stupid” school and that I should go Xaverian instead. Most of the people I dislike are going to Xaverian and my friends are going Pendleton... I can’t help but be influenced by the opinion of my family as they say Xaverian is the 2nd highest college after Loreto and how Pendleton isn’t even in top 10. Please help me choose or learn to find an excuse for my family to go to the college I want.
Honestly as long as you work hard you will do well no matter where you go. I understand your frustrations as my family are kind of like this as well-but for me being with my friends is a massive part of the school experience. I don't want to influence your decision but If it was me I would go to Pendleton. I know someone who goes there and there are special groups for high achievers and the teaching is really good so I wouldn't say it is a 'stupid' school at all! Where do you feel like you would be happier?

hope this helps in some way ??
Last edited by average_human; 4 weeks ago
Cryoraptor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nice one on doxing yourself...

Salford is right dump
CalypsoXenoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi I go to xaverian its a great college. I can't speak for everyone else but my experience has been good.
Celzo7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
[QUOTE=average_human;95192783]Honestly as long as you work hard you will do well no matter where you go. I understand your frustrations as my family are kind of like this as well-but for me being with my friends is a massive part of the school experience. I don't want to influence your decision but If it was me I would go to Pendleton. I know someone who goes there and there are special groups for high achievers and the teaching is really good so I wouldn't say it is a 'stupid' school at all! Where do you feel like you would be happier?

hope this helps in some way ??

I would feel more happier going to Pendleton
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would advise picking based on where you feel you click with the teachers best. Attend some open days if you can (they might be doing virtual if not in-person), you can normally get a feel for the enthusiasm of the teachers and how interesting they can make stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (16)
69.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise