mandyelicup
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
In your opinion, which subjects should be considered to be 'core subjects' for GCSE, so everyone has to take them in some form?
For example, at the moment everyone takes English, Maths, Sciences, but do you think there are other subjects which should replace any of these?
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
None. Maths, English, and to an extent Science is important, but I wouldn't put any other GCSE on that level.
Last edited by Vapordave; 4 weeks ago
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maths and science, english is so irrelevant imo (but that might be bc I hated english 😭)
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
MFL.
mandyelicup
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone think history or geography? (obviously some schools already ask people to do one of them)
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maths, english & PSHE-like things (drug/sex education, basic social science, etc.)
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably English. Not sure about much else to be fair.
Luka9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mandyelicup)
In your opinion, which subjects should be considered to be 'core subjects' for GCSE, so everyone has to take them in some form?
For example, at the moment everyone takes English, Maths, Sciences, but do you think there are other subjects which should replace any of these?
Probably the English baccalaureate subjects, so the sciences, maths, English plus a foreign language and either geography or history
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%