The Student Room Group

HNC in Health and Social Care

Hi,

Unsure if this is the correct forum for this question so please delete if not allowed.

I recently failed my nursing interview in Northern Ireland however, I have been offered a place on a HNC, I'm just wondering if it would be better to do the HNC this coming September or just use this coming year to volunteer and build up more work experience and then apply independently.

(I'm 27, completed my access to nursing this year but failed the interview, I do however, have the grades for nursing through the access course) any advice is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
What is the HNC going to add towards you getting onto your nursing degree?

(I'd be more likely to work for a hear and reapply.)
Original post by nir2020
Hi,

Unsure if this is the correct forum for this question so please delete if not allowed.

I recently failed my nursing interview in Northern Ireland however, I have been offered a place on a HNC, I'm just wondering if it would be better to do the HNC this coming September or just use this coming year to volunteer and build up more work experience and then apply independently.

(I'm 27, completed my access to nursing this year but failed the interview, I do however, have the grades for nursing through the access course) any advice is appreciated :smile:

Apply again next year and in meantime perhaps apply to local hospitals for likes of auxiliary nurses or HCA and use experience from that towards your nursing application next year.
Unfortunately you not only person who would had fail interviews for this as thousands of other potential students are in same situation as yourself.
Age nothing to do with applying for nursing as long as you are capable of doing job as a nurse and have the competence of being one as older people than you applied and qualified as nurses in all various fields of it.

I agree with OP ( Emily ) about working for year or more untill you get offered a place as don't give up on it because of not being accepted now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending