Are skoliosexual people cisphobia?

Watch
Sha-ney-ney
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just a thought that is worthy of a debate. Are skoliosexual people cisphobic if they won't consider dating a cisgender person?

https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-sk...20or%20neither.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sha-ney-ney)
Just a thought that is worthy of a debate. Are skoliosexual people cisphobic if they won't consider dating a cisgender person?

https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-sk...20or%20neither.
And are they transphobic for not seeing trans people as genuine men or women?

^this is a real conversation. God I hate liberalism.
Sha-ney-ney
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
And are they transphobic for not seeing trans people as genuine men or women?

^this is a real conversation. God I hate liberalism.
I'm having difficulty with the logic and I'm using the term logic as loosely as possible here. That's why I'm asking the question to see if members of the LGBTQ+ community can offer their opinion on it.
TCA2b
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As someone in that community (just the LGB part), I'd say I struggle with what you loosely term the logic there as well.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have no idea what either of those words really mean, well the 2nd being a synonym (weirdly used these days) for a normal person (that is to say the majority of people as opposed to a slur)
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Before talking about specific categories and circumstances, I think we need to clarify whether not considering to date a certain type of people implies phobic attitudes.

My own thinking would be that we don't choose what we find attractive, it being a purely subconscious process, so it's difficult to use it to make assumptions about a person's consciously held ideologies or worldview, unless we can demonstrate that phobic attitudes are a necessary condition for not finding certain things attractive.

A straight person usually wouldn't be thought of as homophobic for not finding people of the same gender attractive, but are thought of as homophobic if they carry certain attitudes or a certain worldview.

It seems to me that claiming a person who doesn't find X attractive must hold Y conscious attitudes or worldview is implicitly making an extra step in the middle by reasoning that:
  • not only can conscious phobic attitudes cause a lack of attraction towards the focus of the phobia (or some similar direct causal relationship), but that
  • no other factors are at play, such that no other interpretations are available for a person who doesn't find X attractive except that they hold Y phobic attitude.

If that's true then it's true, but what happened to the stereotype of a homophobic person being gay all along? Was that not a thing after all? Or are we expected to accept things as true because they're part of a political narrative?
Last edited by miser; 4 weeks ago
medds
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't find scoliosis a big turn on personally but everyone can have their own preferences
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Perhaps a more important question: Given there are probably 3 "skoliosexuals" in the entire world, who cares?
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Perhaps a more important question: Given there are probably 3 "skoliosexuals" in the entire world, who cares?
Probably more than that. It's basically a fetish like people that enjoy getting beaten up or something.

The left are basically moving to further balkanise sexuality beyond LGBTQIXNOP people into just different fetishishes/ preference. Furries will be the next big civil rights grift issue for progressives whilst Amazon takes over the world.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.59%
No (252)
72.41%

Watched Threads