The Student Room Group

The Manchester United Thread XXIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IanDangerously
Follow @UtdTickets on Twitter and put notifications on, there will most likely be a few popping up on there in the week before the game. :smile:

Cheers!
Thanks for the advice - likewise please let me know if some tickets pop up - going to wait a bit
Reply 222
Screenshot_20210910-141512_Twitter-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Thoughts? Got some nostalgia merchant on twitter trying to tell me everyone on the left is comfortably better including 2009 Anderson and Giggs over 2021 Pogba and Bruno
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 223
Original post by difeo

Thoughts? Got some nostalgia merchant on twitter trying to tell me everyone on the left is comfortably better including 2009 Anderson and Giggs over 2021 Pogba and Bruno

Other than defence and GK everyone on the right is better than the person on the left.

Tevez has been conveniently forgotten though. Imagine including park over him

The first XI probably equal in that sense but the issue is that United 09 side had nowhere near the depth as now. Rashford, Martial, Mata, on the bench e.g.

Forgot an even better bench player, cavani literally a world class striker on the bench.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 224
Original post by difeo

U forgot 1 BIG thing
SAF - Ollie & Carrick
Reply 225
Original post by bj27
Other than defence and GK everyone on the right is better than the person on the left.

Tevez has been conveniently forgotten though. Imagine including park over him

The first XI probably equal in that sense but the issue is that United 09 side had nowhere near the depth as now. Rashford, Martial, Mata, on the bench e.g.

Forgot an even better bench player, cavani literally a world class striker on the bench.

Fred over Carrick and Greenwood over young Ronaldo are u sure pal? Are we at the 'jam hypes us up to watch us fall' stage already

Arguably prime Rooney > old man Ronaldo too

Tevez is out because it's based on the CL final where he was benched
Reply 226
The correct answer is

VDS
AWB
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Pogba
Bruno
Sancho
09 Ronaldo
Rooney
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 227
Original post by difeo
Fred over Carrick and Greenwood over young Ronaldo are u sure pal? Are we at the 'jam hypes us up to watch us fall' stage already

Arguably prime Rooney > old man Ronaldo too

Tevez is out because it's based on the CL final where he was benched

Honestly I don't know how to read but I agree with your list, O'Shea or Wan Bissaka is tight though, I don't think AWB is that great yet but obviously hard to get past.

Fred is >>>>>>>>>>>> than Carrick tho, I stand by my word.

Also Liverpool have the title in the bag, did you see how well they played against 10 man Chelsea in that second half? You guys are 2nd favourites after Liverpool though.
Reply 228
Original post by bj27
Honestly I don't know how to read but I agree with your list, O'Shea or Wan Bissaka is tight though, I don't think AWB is that great yet but obviously hard to get past.

Fred is >>>>>>>>>>>> than Carrick tho, I stand by my word.

Also Liverpool have the title in the bag, did you see how well they played against 10 man Chelsea in that second half? You guys are 2nd favourites after Liverpool though.

Agreed Liverpool are strong favourites, the most complete team with VVD back and City not getting a striker.
We are just a little horse though
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 229
even got the most complete team line in.

proud of you.

Chelsea are 5th favourites for the title imo.
Reply 230
Original post by bj27
even got the most complete team line in.

proud of you.

Chelsea are 5th favourites for the title imo.

Imagine saying the CL winners who spent £100mil on a striker are 5th favourites with a straight face.
Reply 231
Also it sounded like everyone :dice: themselves when C.Ronaldo scored a tap in..
What a comeback by Ronaldo! two goals in his first match for United after 12 long years. This man is a miracle by his own.
Original post by Driving_Mad
A lot of Man United fans not thinking about this properly. You have signed a 36 year old striker on 500k a week, when you already have a 34 year Edinson Cavani on 300k a week and Martial on 200k a week.

This guy will hinder Greenwood's development too.

Bad signing, you should have signed Kane instead if you were going to buy a striker, and not renewed Cavani's contract.

Anyway, I don't mind, you guys will still end up finishing 4th anyway.

Ronaldo isn't quick anymore, he doesn't suit your style of play either. The only positive is the commercial success of this 2 year deal.

This is coming from a Ronaldo fan by the way.

This was a terrible, terrible take.

Ronaldo first game 2 goals, Greenwood playing alongside him and assisting. You are well mad.
Original post by Dirtybit

Ronaldo first game 2 goals, Greenwood playing alongside him and assisting. You are well mad.

After one game against one of the worst teams in the League and you’ve already got a hard one, relax bud, Greenwood didn’t even get an assist either.

Honestly though mate I don’t give a s***, I haven’t watched a game of football in six months, please don’t quote me again, I don’t give a f***.
Original post by Driving_Mad
After one game against one of the worst teams in the League and you’ve already got a hard one, relax bud, Greenwood didn’t even get an assist either.

Honestly though mate I don’t give a s***, I haven’t watched a game of football in six months, please don’t quote me again, I don’t give a f***.

Original post by difeo

Comparing dishwasher detergent to the Lunar atmosphere. DDG inconsistent. Park Ji Sung absolute hero and Rooney deserves more

Maguire/Varane/Shaw can challenge for Vidic/Ferdinand/Evra if given time

How good woulda new Carrick be?
Reply 237
I predict
Chelsea 1 - 1 ManU
ManC 1 - 1 ManU
Liverpool 1 - 2 ManU
Reply 238
Original post by Dirtybit

I want to see Cavani and Ronaldo play together though, but think Cavani really has been shafted, for the greater good. Greenwood will learn though. Only guy who's time is up very soon is Martial. But the entire point of stockpiling attackers like e.g. City have done is to challenge on multiple fronts.
Original post by Zerforax
Imagine saying the CL winners who spent £100mil on a striker are 5th favourites with a straight face.

Chelsea have not come above 3rd place(which we barely got in 18/19 because Mourinho ****ed it with United and Spurs bottled, really could have come 5th instead) and we've barely made top 4 the past 2 seasons and you're expecting us to title challenge over United who've come 2nd twice the past 4 seasons, City who've won it 3 times the past 4 seasons and Liverpool who are the last team to have won it not named Manchester City. Lets not act like Liverpool haven't strengthened their defence which was the source of their problems last season(injuries) and they didn't get 195 points the two seasons before that.

Leicester also beat us in the FA cup final and in the league the last season and have strengthened their team even more. We are in trouble imo.

Stay mad that you couldn't beat the 5th favourites when we had a man down for 45mins.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 239
Original post by bj27
I want to see Cavani and Ronaldo play together though, but think Cavani really has been shafted, for the greater good. Greenwood will learn though. Only guy who's time is up very soon is Martial. But the entire point of stockpiling attackers like e.g. City have done is to challenge on multiple fronts.

Chelsea have not come above 3rd place(which we barely got in 18/19 because Mourinho ****ed it with United and Spurs bottled, really could have come 5th instead) and we've barely made top 4 the past 2 seasons and you're expecting us to title challenge over United who've come 2nd twice the past 4 seasons, City who've won it 3 times the past 4 seasons and Liverpool who are the last team to have won it not named Manchester City. Lets not act like Liverpool haven't strengthened their defence which was the source of their problems last season(injuries) and they didn't get 195 points the two seasons before that.

Leicester also beat us in the FA cup final and in the league the last season and have strengthened their team even more. We are in trouble imo.

Stay mad that you couldn't beat the 5th favourites when we had a man down for 45mins.

Other than the 350mil spent on the first team in the last two summers (great job funding it by selling youth players) which was a huge investment. Also thought you would be bigging up Tuchel's management skills.

Mate, I already told you I expect Liverpool to win the league this season :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest