We're former Section Leaders: ask us (almost*) anything

Watch
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
go ahead

my right honourable friends chelseadagg3r and Blue_Cow are also here to answer your questions

if this thread doesn't get any replies then i didnt post it

* please respect the Community Guidelines™ pls thx
Last edited by Elizabeth II; 1 month ago
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
go ahead

* please respect the Community Guidelines™ pls thx

my right honourable friends chelseadagg3r and Blue_Cow are also here to answer your questions

if this thread doesn't get any replies then i didnt post it
Cool
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Cool
Please do not use vernacular language in Chat, please post a translation.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You got a reply so you definitely posted it
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which is the best game in the Heroes of Might and Magic / Might and Magic: Heroes franchise?
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
You got a reply so you definitely posted it
you have both ruined my thread
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Which is the best game in the Heroes of Might and Magic / Might and Magic: Heroes franchise?
:blow:
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah that one
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
AJ!!! I miss you! I regret that I have yet to play any of them however to answer your question I will say the 5th instalment looks particularly exciting
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long have you been a section leader and what’s the best thing about having your role?
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
How long have you been a section leader and what’s the best thing about having your role?
I was for... a while? about the same length of time as our gracious queen OP. It was great getting to really see the impact we were having on individual students and it also helped me begin my career in higher education
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
I was a Section Leader for three years. I resigned towards the end of April. I had volunteered for TSR since uhhhh... 2015/6 I think? Long old time!

I really enjoyed working with such an inspirational and dedicated team of volunteers. Most especially I enjoyed meeting my Chat team in person - best team on TSR 👀
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was for... a while? about the same length of time as our gracious queen OP. It was great getting to really see the impact we were having on individual students and it also helped me begin my career in higher education

What impact do you have?
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you ever/often snoop through people's community records out of nosiness without any intent on giving them a card?
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
You're being humble, Chelsea. For reasons we must not discuss™ you were made SL several months before I was. :grin:
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
:blow:
Name:  trompetenbirnewe.gif
Views: 12
Size:  2.6 KB

yeah that one
Interesting. :holmes:

AJ!!! I miss you! I regret that I have yet to play any of them however to answer your question I will say the 5th instalment looks particularly exciting
Figured I'd unofficially add to the Quality Ex-SL Content. HoMM5 is certainly a good one. :yes:
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My tenure was rather short as an SL (just over a year).

The best part of the role is the other volunteers. They give up their time on a daily basis to give advice to people they have never met before.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was a Section Leader for three years. I resigned towards the end of April. I had volunteered for TSR since uhhhh... 2015/6 I think? Long old time!

I really enjoyed working with such an inspirational and dedicated team of volunteers. Most especially I enjoyed meeting my Chat team in person - best team on TSR 👀

Nice, how has your work shaped TSR to what it is today?
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're being humble, Chelsea. For reasons we must not discuss™ you were made SL several months before I was. :grin:
💅

but I did leave a couple of months before you

I was such a good section leader I led these two right out of the team
Last edited by chelseadagg3r; 1 month ago
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
(Original post by Foxehh)
Did you ever/often snoop through people's community records out of nosiness without any intent on giving them a card?
To get the role of SL takes quite a considerable amount of time and by that point we're more interested in the people development/training aspect of the role - your community records really aren't as interesting as you think they are! Plus, the prime focus of SLs/VT members is content creation. We can't see all of your cards, just posting tips. They don't interest us, well, they didn't interest me anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.33%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.65%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (57)
11.18%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.49%

Watched Threads