How many jobs and workplace have you applied to without success.

Watch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I lost count. My teachers never said I am particularly talented just somebody whos silent because Im reserved I worry about conflicts.

Another worry I got is have I made the wrong choices because I feel these days people are expected to make choices earlier and earlier under pressure like without getting the full picture. That has affected how I come across at interviews.

Why is there no reassuring word about the norm. Just try again try again and now im scrutinzing myself to a point where im self-abusing - like - it could have been avoided especially since i left school there's been noone not even family who understands who can identify whats gone wrong.

I#m male and people tell me I shouldnt talk about feels or about mental health, yet. When im asking for help rarely there's any it seems to not be their problem.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rejection is a difficult pill to swallow. Unfortunately finding a job can be difficult. For some people it can be a matter of weeks and for others it can be a matter of years. I would suggest making sure that you understand the entire application process i.e. CV's, Cover Letters, assessments, interviews etc. I would also advise that you focus on keeping busy during your spare time.

Regarding your mental health, you can speak to a GP about being referred for counselling or some other talking therapy. If you are still in education, your school or university will likely also have some form of support channels which may offer support more quickly than via the NHS. Self-help guides can also be found here:

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/tal...elp-therapies/
Last edited by 0le; 1 month ago
achieve526kk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
30,000 jobs ,and still persevere i get their one day, never stop chasing your dreams
Tetra23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In my 1st year of college, it took me 9 months to get my first part time job, must have applied to like 50 different jobs. Sometimes it can be landing in right place at the right time, especially if you’ve not got much experience. Just keep applying and something will land eventually
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads