Stranger (40-50) followed me and shouted after me (20)

Watch
followingstreet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can´t take this society anymore. Girls are being harassed everyday-
I was on my way to a friend - literally only 2 minutes. As soon as I reached the first street, there was a drunk, old man. I knew that with my luck, he´d come to me, so I crossed the street, walking in another direction. I waited at a traffic light and then suddenly, he was next to me. I was so shocked. He had literally crossed the street just to get to me. There were so many other people on the street. Why me. I walked away; he shouted: Hey, you look pretty, pretty face, not bad. I kept walking. I had headphones on. And he scremed through the whole street: Put your headphones away pretty face, come to me. I said come to me! Shouting SO loud EVERYONE had heard it. No one did anything; neither women nor men. I was so scared. I just kept walking, he shouted after me, and I turned around just to see that he was following me, shouting after me. Everyone acted as though it wasn´t happening, everyone was just watching or carrying on as usual. I crossed the street again and thank god there was a bus driving by so he hadn´t seen where I´d gone off to.
Honestly, I´m traumatised by that. It was a crowded street, an area I´ve been living in for nearly 10 years. Where I felt safe. And NO I wasn´t asking for it, I wasn´t dressing slutty! I wore a pullover and jeans for f.. sake.
I hate being a woman; I asked my guy friends whether they had every experienced something like that. Of course they didn´t. Why do I have to endure that. I hate this f. world, and WHY IS EVERYONE JUST STARING JESUS.
And I can´t even do something other than walk away and be scared. If I talked back or hit him who knows what would happen. I´m such a confident, assertive person but these sick men make me feel like I´m powerless in this world.
Please help. How can I overcome this? I hate this world. I wish I was a boy.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by followingstreet)
I was on my way to a friend - literally only 2 minutes. As soon as I reached the first street, there was a drunk, old man. I knew that with my luck, he´d come to me, so I crossed the street, walking in another direction. I waited at a traffic light and then suddenly, he was next to me. I was so shocked. He had literally crossed the street just to get to me. There were so many other people on the street. Why me. I walked away; he shouted: Hey, you look pretty, pretty face, not bad. I kept walking. I had headphones on. And he scremed through the whole street: Put your headphones away pretty face, come to me. I said come to me! Shouting SO loud EVERYONE had heard it. No one did anything; neither women nor men. I was so scared. I just kept walking, he shouted after me, and I turned around just to see that he was following me, shouting after me. Everyone acted as though it wasn´t happening, everyone was just watching or carrying on as usual. I crossed the street again and thank god there was a bus driving by so he hadn´t seen where I´d gone off to.
Honestly, I´m traumatised by that. It was a crowded street, an area I´ve been living in for nearly 10 years. Where I felt safe. And NO I wasn´t asking for it, I wasn´t dressing slutty! I wore a pullover and jeans for f.. sake.
I hate being a woman; I asked my guy friends whether they had every experienced something like that. Of course they didn´t. Why do I have to endure that. I hate this f. world, and WHY IS EVERYONE JUST STARING JESUS.
And I can´t even do something other than walk away and be scared. If I talked back or hit him who knows what would happen. I´m such a confident, assertive person but these sick men make me feel like I´m powerless in this world.
guys like that should be exterminated tbh. sometimes cussing them out actually works bc often they ljust ook for easy targets.
but boys get harassed by pervs too. not as often as women i'm sure but it happens, trust me.
followingstreet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
guys like that should be exterminated tbh. sometimes cussing them out actually works bc often they ljust ook for easy targets.
but boys get harassed by pervs too. not as often as women i'm sure but it happens, trust me.
I wouldn´t say I´m an easy target tbh. Just because I´m a woman lol. I do martial arts and I´ve got quite the punch. Only thing is you´ll never know whether they carry a knife with them or anything.
Thanks for responding btw; I´m so traumatised rn; just feels good to share. What´s the worst part is that it was in broad daylight at around 4pm! And EVERYONE saw it and of course, no one, not only 2m men come to help you.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn´t say I´m an easy target tbh. Just because I´m a woman lol. I do martial arts and I´ve got quite the punch. Only thing is you´ll never know whether they carry a knife with them or anything.
Thanks for responding btw; I´m so traumatised rn; just feels good to share. What´s the worst part is that it was in broad daylight at around 4pm! And EVERYONE saw it and of course, no one, not only 2m men come to help you.
i'm not saying you are. i'm saying that some men will perceive you as such if you don't say anything back to them. ofc sometimes it's best to just ignore them, there are some real psychos out there
and i know, most people just don't want to get involved.. : /
sparklezparklez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hate **** like this, this is why we need death penalty, ✨electric chair✨,✨lethal injection✨, or chemically castrate boys so they can do this when they are older
followingstreet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
i'm not saying you are. i'm saying that some men will perceive you as such if you don't say anything back to them. ofc sometimes it's best to just ignore them, there are some real psychos out there
and i know, most people just don't want to get involved.. : /
Yeah of course! I just meant in general, like wth are they thinking women are victims. Thing is I used to talk back quite a lot until one man, who was assaulting me in a bus called me a ´*****´ and threatened me that he was going to kill me; this really made an impression on me
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah of course! I just meant in general, like wth are they thinking women are victims. Thing is I used to talk back quite a lot until one man, who was assaulting me in a bus called me a ´*****´ and threatened me that he was going to kill me; this really made an impression on me
that must have been really scary for you : (
next time something like that happens, just pull out your phone and act as if you're recording them or like doing a live, sometimes that puts people off
followingstreet
Rep:
?
(Original post by sparklezparklez)
I hate **** like this, this is why we need death penalty, ✨electric chair✨,✨lethal injection✨, or chemically castrate boys so they can do this when they are older
I agree! Why do they let these people run freely around. If they do it once, they´ll do it twice and literally forever. But the government acts as if the sexual harassment of women isn´t a problem or isn´t taken seriously; I honestly wish there was something one could do.
But the thing is if you punch these *******s, then it´s YOUR fault because YOU`RE the one who´s become violent. Sometimes I feel like this society is a joke. Half the population are women, but I feel like we have no voice and are just targets for men to play as they see fit. AND of course most of the government in the world is male so yeah, they don´t understand.
Just wondering what´s going on in the people´s minds who are watching. Not my problem. Not important. WTH. If you´re such a strong and superior male, then at least freaking protect me.
followingstreet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
that must have been really scary for you : (
next time something like that happens, just pull out your phone and act as if you're recording them or like doing a live, sometimes that puts people off
Yeah, I was too shocked to do anything. And the whole bus was full; but all just stared. Next time I´m just gonna call the police right away. Luckily for me, my boyfriend was with me who´s 2m tall and the bus driver threw these guys out.
Do you have any advice/ idea how to get over stuff like that? Sometimes I just can´t believe that this is really happening in our world; all this harassment against women and the older I get, the more it hits me. I´m so shocked by the event today. It may not sound so extreme, but when it happens it´s like the whole world stands still and it certainly feels intense! I´m paranoid everyhwere, when I´m outside
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I was too shocked to do anything. And the whole bus was full; but all just stared. Next time I´m just gonna call the police right away. Luckily for me, my boyfriend was with me who´s 2m tall and the bus driver threw these guys out.
Do you have any advice/ idea how to get over stuff like that? Sometimes I just can´t believe that this is really happening in our world; all this harassment against women and the older I get, the more it hits me. I´m so shocked by the event today. It may not sound so extreme, but when it happens it´s like the whole world stands still and it certainly feels intense! I´m paranoid everyhwere, when I´m outside
not really. but i guess the worst thing you can do is, like, replay the whole incident in your mind over and over. bc that just makes you even more stressed. it's best to just try and forget about it and destress.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Sorry if that happened to you.... as you are obviously shaken up by it, but it irks me when I see posts like these bashing men, as I am a man and stuff like this happens to me too at times but from WOMEN not men.

over the years i've had women shout for me to get my pecs out, women shout at me suck their vagina, women aggressively shout "peng" when walking past, a girl shout she would **** the **** out of me, women blow kisses from moving vehicles, had a women beep me and then lift up her top revealing her breasts, had jailbaits come upto me and ask me if i ask their bum............., jailbaits come upto me start calling me "darling" etc etc

I am actually not entirely sure why this happens to me, as believe me i'm not an 11/10, 10/10 ..or even 9/10 ....but none the less it happens. I cannot get behind all this #metoo stuff because women are hypocrites. they cry and complain about men doing it to them, but then they go do it to others (or at least me)

As a male, 95% of the time when it's done to me it doesn't really bother me. Still though there are a few instances where I was annoyed by it...

99% of the time when women do it they are with other female friends. They don't do it "alone"
80% of the time They usually do it on friday/saturday evening or night ...but there have been times it's been done not on those times

You are here complaining about it, but in all honestly chances are you actually know a female who has done it to a male at some point...

you are also complaining about no one coming to help you. well just know that no one came to help me either. works "both" ways...
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Sorry if that happened to you.... as you are obviously shaken up by it, but it irks me when I see posts like these bashing men, as I am a man and stuff like this happens to me too at times but from WOMEN not men.

over the years i've had women shout for me to get my pecs out, women shout at me suck their vagina, women aggressively shout "peng" when walking past, a girl shout she would f**k the s**t out of me, women blow kisses from moving vehicles, had a women beep me and then lift up her top revealing her breasts, had jailbaits come upto me and ask me if i ask their bum............., jailbaits come upto me start calling me "darling" etc etc

I am actually not entirely sure why this happens to me, as believe me i'm not an 11/10, 10/10 ..or even 9/10 ....but none the less it happens. I cannot get behind all this #metoo stuff because women are hypocrites. they cry and complain about men doing it to them, but then they go do it to others (or at least me)

As a male, 95% of the time when it's done to me it doesn't really bother me. Still though there are a few instances where I was annoyed by it...

99% of the time when women do it they are with other female friends. They don't do it "alone"
80% of the time They usually do it on friday/saturday evening or night ...but there have been times it's been done not on those times

You are here complaining about it, but in all honestly chances are you actually know a female who has done it to a male at some point...

you are also complaining about no one coming to help you. well just know that no one came to help me either. works "both" ways...
there's one pretty significant difference tho
an average guy is physically stronger than an average woman. which makes them a potential threat.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
there's one pretty significant difference tho
an average guy is physically stronger than an average woman. which makes them a potential threat.

that's not an excuse.
If women hate it being done to them, there is no justification for them to do it to males.

OP is an experienced martial artists and the guy who was catcalling her was off his face drunk. If he tried to attack her, she would have most definitely come out on top...
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that's not an excuse.
If women hate it being done to them, there is no justification for them to do it to males.

OP is an experienced martial artists and the guy who was catcalling her was off his face drunk. If he tried to attack her, she would have most definitely come out on top...
most don't. unless they are drunk/or they just do it for laughs when they're with their friends
but my point still stands. at least you don't need to be scared of them
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
most don't. unless they are drunk/or they just do it for laughs when they're with their friends
but my point still stands. at least you don't need to be scared of them
you could also say "most" men don't do stuff like what was described in the OP.

...and how do you know I wasn't scared by them?
you are making assumption here.

do you only fear people who could overpower you?
If a 5ft 5 man shorter and thinner than yourself started acting extremely aggressively towards you in the street .. you're telling me you'd be totally fearless? I don't think so...
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you could also say "most" men don't do stuff like what was described in the OP.

...and how do you know I wasn't scared by them?
you are making assumption here.

do you only fear people who could overpower you?
If a 5ft 5 man shorter and thinner than yourself started acting extremely aggressively towards you in the street .. you're telling me you'd be totally fearless? I don't think so...
so a woman asked you to get your tits out as a joke, big deal. it's not the same. it's not the same kind of harassment, and not the same kind of fear. research statistics about rape.
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not on. Sounds like a really unpleasant, ruin my week type experience.

His behaviour was completely abnormal, most men don't do stuff like that.
followingstreet
Rep:
?

over the years i've had women shout for me to get my pecs out, women shout at me suck their vagina, women aggressively shout "peng" when walking past, a girl shout she would f**k the s**t out of me, women blow kisses from moving vehicles, had a women beep me and then lift up her top revealing her breasts, had jailbaits come upto me and ask me if i ask their bum............., jailbaits come upto me start calling me "darling" etc etc

HAHAHAHAHAH WOOOOOOOOOOW. NOW this post is about men! This is my space to retell the sexual harassment I experience and this is NOT about you. All men thinking it´s about them, this has nothing to do with you, this is MY space.
followingstreet
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Not on. Sounds like a really unpleasant, ruin my week type experience.

His behaviour was completely abnormal, most men don't do stuff like that.
Yep, couldn´t sleep that night. And wow, even this post has become about men. I wanted to recount my experiences and this clown shows up, making it all about men. Why the hell do they think they are entitled to put themselves everywhere jeez
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you reported this? There may be CCTV to identify this 'man' ... sorry you had to go through this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads