Returning a parcel - Help

Watch
Platypie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, so I recently bought some clothes online, but Ive found that the clothes are too small for me and so Im planning on returning them for an exchange. However this is my first time returning a parcel and I'm a bit confused about a few things.
Firstly, I think I have to print a returns label, but I'm not really sure how to do this.
I'm also unsure of whether I can return the clothes in the package they came in? Or if I'm meant to do this??
Anyway, sorry for the questions but I'm just a bit confused as I've been looking for about an hour online and am still none the wiser on how to do this :')
I'd be thankful for any help
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Er
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Platypie)
Hey, so I recently bought some clothes online, but Ive found that the clothes are too small for me and so Im planning on returning them for an exchange. However this is my first time returning a parcel and I'm a bit confused about a few things.
Firstly, I think I have to print a returns label, but I'm not really sure how to do this.
I'm also unsure of whether I can return the clothes in the package they came in? Or if I'm meant to do this??
Anyway, sorry for the questions but I'm just a bit confused as I've been looking for about an hour online and am still none the wiser on how to do this :')
depends on their policy..
what website was it?
Platypie
Rep:
?
Its quite an unknownish brand called kiniki, it doesn't say anything about return labels on their website. Also, when I go onto the royal mail site and try to search their name under return labels it doesn't come up.
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Which retailer was this from? Most should offer returns - the returns policy varies by retailer.

Most of the time, you would reuse the original packaging that came with the items. You would put everything back in the packaging (folded up nicely, being clothes) and print a postage label from the retailer. Most do this for free, but some may require you to pay for the return postage. You would then drop it off at your chosen drop off point (usually either Royal Mail/Post Office, or a different courier).

As mentioned though, if you let me know which shop it was, I'd be able to offer more detailed advice.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Its quite an unknownish brand called kiniki, it doesn't say anything about return labels on their website. Also, when I go onto the royal mail site and try to search their name under return labels it doesn't come up.

"Please email [email protected] in the first instance if you would like an exchange or to return items."

"If you need to return or exchange any item please also return the delivery note that came with your order and be sure to obtain a proof of postage from your post office, just in case the package fails to reach us. The returns form is printed on the back of your delivery note."

so you just email them first and send send it with that form via recorded delivery or like a courier
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh yeah and i guess you need to cover the postage cost
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
"Please email [email protected] in the first instance if you would like an exchange or to return items"

"The returns form is printed on the back of your delivery note"

https://www.kiniki.com/pages/returns
Last edited by black tea; 4 weeks ago
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok from what I can see here:

https://www.kiniki.com/pages/returns

You have to contact them by email first, though since they have also stated a returns address, I would assume that you would have to return it to there. Whether or not you'd have to pay for the return postage is not known as I cannot see it from that page.
Probably best idea is to contact them via email and see what their reply is. Also, it says to include the delivery note that was included in the original parcel - so make sure that is included so they know what transaction it was for.

edit: beaten to it by other posters!
Last edited by spotify95; 4 weeks ago
Platypie
Rep:
?
Ah ok, thanks yall for your responses it's been v helpful. One more thing, so with the returns label Im guessing that the company will give me the address I need to send it to, but how do I print this as a label? I'm guessing if I hand in the address at the post office they can help?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah ok, thanks yall for your responses it's been v helpful. One more thing, so with the returns label Im guessing that the company will give me the address I need to send it to, but how do I print this as a label? I'm guessing if I hand in the address at the post office they can help?
if there's no label provided you can just write their returns address on the parcel, as long as you obtain proof of postage/tracking then you're good
Platypie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
if there's no label provided you can just write their returns address on the parcel, as long as you obtain proof of postage/tracking then you're good
Ohh okay, thanks for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (122)
27.29%
England (160)
35.79%
Belgium (33)
7.38%
Germany (43)
9.62%
Spain (10)
2.24%