ILoveCake786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I've been struggling with psychology since the beginning of year 12. At the beginning I did ok, constantly getting B's. But as the topics got harder and started including biology, despite all the revision I put in I was getting constant E's and D's.

For the assessments to determine our grade we sat 2 mocks (each worth 40% of the final grade each) as well as 2 'topic' tests which included a research methods section (each worth 10%).

I got the grade back for one of the mocks and finally managed to get a C, which even thought it's not the best is something in proud of because I know how much effort I put in order to get it up. But, I know I did badly in the smaller tests (total of 20%) and even though i revised a lot I'm not sure on the final mock either.

Some of my other subject teachers have said that if I'm below my target grade they're allowed to bring evidence from the rest of the year to try and justify why I'm getting the grade I am. But, because I've been failing psychology they wont have any additional evidence to pull...my question is how worried should I be about this grade? And if I get a D, will unis still take me?
ng11
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s your offer ?
ILoveCake786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ng11)
What’s your offer ?
My offer for the uni I wanna go to is BBC-BCC. I havent firmed the offer yet but even though better unis did offer I think this is the one I'd get the most out of. I also did an EPQ which will give extra UCAS points but not too sure on what grade Psychology will actually give:|
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (174)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.14%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.12%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.92%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.6%

Watched Threads