Is clubbing at Uni a good way of finding a girl with the same morals as me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm new to this website and I'll be starting Uni in September and I'm wondering if clubbing is even worth the hype when it comes to forming relationships with girls. I've been binge reading over many by other people that are waiting until marriage and although it's answered many of my questions over it, I've not seen a thread asked by any of them on this so it made me want to ask this as when I start Uni in September, I'll want to know if its worth it clubbing, especially as soon nightclubs and all of that will open again. I'm a virgin and don't plan on losing it until marriage (due to my religion - Christianity), so I'd want the same in a potential partner, due to it being a necessity in the Bible.

Basically I don't have much deal-breakers in a partner other than that they can't have had sex either as obviously as a Christian you can't until marriage, aswell as for her not to be a complete alcoholic or smoke. I know some people may say I'm shallow but at the end of the day I can't go against my religion for a girl. I'm wondering though, will I ever bump into a girl like this at a nightclub? As although I'll be revising the majority of the time, I know in their spare time a lot of people go out clubbing during Uni, so I'm wondering if its worth it to find what I'm looking for. Or do you think it's not worth my time going to if I want to get a partner with the same morals as me?
username4218074
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
great place to meet girls sure, ones that you're interested in? Probably not, bars will be the next bet after university halls, classes and societies.
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about getting acquainted with the church near your uni or joining the christian society there? Surely the best choice to meet a like minded girl who you can also get to know in a more suitable environment rather than the sweaty, noisy dinginess of a club..
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Generally, the type of girl you’re looking for won’t be at a club. As above, join your university’s Christian society or be a regular church-goer at a local church - you’re more likely to be successful there.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Short Answer, No

Nightclubbers will annoy you and you'll likely annoy them since most of them are there to either get wasted or hope for a hookup.
xAnbesix
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm new to this website and I'll be starting Uni in September and I'm wondering if clubbing is even worth the hype when it comes to forming relationships with girls. I've been binge reading over many by other people that are waiting until marriage and although it's answered many of my questions over it, I've not seen a thread asked by any of them on this so it made me want to ask this as when I start Uni in September, I'll want to know if its worth it clubbing, especially as soon nightclubs and all of that will open again. I'm a virgin and don't plan on losing it until marriage (due to my religion - Christianity), so I'd want the same in a potential partner, due to it being a necessity in the Bible.

Basically I don't have much deal-breakers in a partner other than that they can't have had sex either as obviously as a Christian you can't until marriage, aswell as for her not to be a complete alcoholic or smoke. I know some people may say I'm shallow but at the end of the day I can't go against my religion for a girl. I'm wondering though, will I ever bump into a girl like this at a nightclub? As although I'll be revising the majority of the time, I know in their spare time a lot of people go out clubbing during Uni, so I'm wondering if its worth it to find what I'm looking for. Or do you think it's not worth my time going to if I want to get a partner with the same morals as me?
In a nightclub, you're more likely to meet a girl who's willing to hook up for a one night stand, rather than a devout Christian girl who wants to remain a virgin until marriage.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Forget clubbing, join the Christian Society!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Levi.-)
great place to meet girls sure, ones that you're interested in? Probably not, bars will be the next bet after university halls, classes and societies.
I've never met any girls like this at college though so what's different at Uni?
(Original post by TJ1997)
How about getting acquainted with the church near your uni or joining the christian society there? Surely the best choice to meet a like minded girl who you can also get to know in a more suitable environment rather than the sweaty, noisy dinginess of a club..
I've not met a single girl I'm attracted to at church and in fairness I've not met much around my age there anyways.

(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Generally, the type of girl you’re looking for won’t be at a club. As above, join your university’s Christian society or be a regular church-goer at a local church - you’re more likely to be successful there.
There is no Christian society I don't think, plus I've barely been there recently due to Covid. I just doubt I'll meet someone I'm attracted to at church as for sure I haven't so far and in general I've barely met any girls of a similar age to me.

(Original post by StriderHort)
Short Answer, No

Nightclubbers will annoy you and you'll likely annoy them since most of them are there to either get wasted or hope for a hookup.
Ah so I guess I'll just have to hope I find someone in one of my classes then

(Original post by xAnbesix)
In a nightclub, you're more likely to meet a girl who's willing to hook up for a one night stand, rather than a devout Christian girl who wants to remain a virgin until marriage.
I've not met a devout Christian girl that I'm attracted to at church so where else would I have a shot?

(Original post by Zarek)
Forget clubbing, join the Christian Society!
Again, I don't think theres a Christian Society. Even if there is, they may not have the same views as me as I know plenty that believe in God and still sin heavily.
username4218074
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Christian dating sites
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Again, I don't think theres a Christian Society. Even if there is, they may not have the same views as me as I know plenty that believe in God and still sin heavily.
I don’t believe you can be a genuine Christian, churches and CU are filled with adorable girls. Anyway if you are for real I recommend casting aside the repressive religious shackles and trying your luck on the dance floor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads