New Laptop Reccomendations

Watch
Fares Abdellatif
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,
I am a senior in high school and will be majoring in Economics next year in uni hopefully. I know its necessary to have a laptop for uni and so I wanted to ask your opinions and experience guys. Pros and cons of Macs, Dell, HP etc. Would the econ major require specific type of work? (btw I have never used a laptop consistently before, always depended on my phone)
Thank you beforehand
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fares Abdellatif)
Hello,
I am a senior in high school and will be majoring in Economics next year in uni hopefully. I know its necessary to have a laptop for uni and so I wanted to ask your opinions and experience guys. Pros and cons of Macs, Dell, HP etc. Would the econ major require specific type of work? (btw I have never used a laptop consistently before, always depended on my phone)
Thank you beforehand
Hi!

I'm not an econ student so I can't speak specifically to the needs of your course. I can't imagine you will need something incredibly powerful, and these days most programs will work on any laptops (if you know of any programs specifically that you need, it is worth researching to check it will run on the laptop you want). Other than that, it is up to personal taste. A lot of people prefer Macs, I prefer Windows laptops because they are what I'm used to. Macbooks will look very nice, but can be quite expensive. Windows laptops tend to be a little cheaper. If you search for "dell outlet" online, you should be able to find some reasonably priced, modern laptops that will be able to handle your uni work no problem.

Hope this has helped. If the laptop is relatively modern, it is entirely down to your preference (screen size, keyboard etc). Just make sure you read the reviews first!

Cameron
Student Ambassador/Software Engineering Student
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fares Abdellatif)
Hello,
Thank you beforehand
for windows vs macs:

Last edited by ForestShadow; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (23)
31.08%
No (51)
68.92%

Watched Threads