Why am I so undateable?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i’m 23 and never made it out the talking stage. Iv had 3 serious talking stages which ended up with the girl just getting bored of me and cutting me off.

I try my best to be the best person I can etc. I try to be there for the girl if she needs, I try to make her laugh and smile, I assure her i’ll never cheat or even look in another girls direction. I take them on nice dates and treat them nice etc. But after 2 months ish they just lose interest and dispose of me like a play thing and it really hurts.

What could I possibly be doing so wrong for this to happen to me?
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you just talk too much.
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you get one-itis, where you meet a girl and decide she's the one and put her on a pedestal? Yeah. We date people who are our equal. If you do that, you won't be seen as super-attractive.

Do you get shy and wait weeks to make a move, then shyly say 'I like you'. Because they will not go for that. (Ignore the inevitable two people who say 'I do!' as your experience shows that it isn't so)

Or it could just be you don't know how to flirt. No shame in that - You learned how to ride a bike, you can learn how to flirt.

Honestly, asking randos on the internet this question isn't super-helpful. Ask someone you trust who you know will be honest with you.
Last edited by ThatOldGuy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
Do you get one-itis, where you meet a girl and decide she's the one and put her on a pedestal? Yeah. We date people who are our equal. If you do that, you won't be seen as super-attractive.

Do you get shy and wait weeks to make a move, then shyly say 'I like you'. Because they will not go for that. (Ignore the inevitable two people who say 'I do!' as your experience shows that it isn't so)

Or it could just be you don't know how to flirt. No shame in that - You learned how to ride a bike, you can learn how to flirt.

Honestly, asking randos on the internet this question isn't super-helpful. Ask someone you trust who you know will be honest with you.
You said asking rando won’t be helpful but that was done solid advice there thanks
jizzbomb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm probably wrong but my first thought when I read your post was that you may come across as desperate by saying stuff as "I assure her i’ll never cheat or even look in another girls direction."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.82%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (56)
24.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise