Study and motivation adviceWatch
Hey! So next academic year I will be starting my IB and I'm worried. I have trouble finding motivation to study and when I do find the motivation to study, I get distracted. Any advice from someone who has trouble studying too?
- put everything in a to do list + plan your day - break tasks into manageable chunks
- take breaks: there’s the Pomodoro method but I prefer 45 mins studying + 15 mins break to relax / do ‘distracting’ stuff
- remove distractions - in phone settings you can put a timer on apps or just temporarily delete them
- consistent study music/genre to get you in the mood: I like Jazz Vibes or Jack Edwards’ Optimal Focus playlist on Spotify. YouTube also has Lo Fi for free.
- Work out when you study best and use this to structure your day - e.g study in the morning/ fun stuff in the afternoon
- If you really can’t bring yourself to start something try the 5 minute rule - give it a go for 5 mins and if you can’t do it give up (more often than not you get into it after 5 mins).
Hopefully some of this helps! You have loads of time to improve and it is very normal to struggle at first