fucharpharmacist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I’m currently a pharmacy student in year 1. I have exams coming up in 2 weeks and I know nothing, I was wondering how people revise? What they use? Lectures do nothing for me, I don’t know what I need to know. Is there a syllabus or past questions or exam papers etc? Like there is at a level?

Thanks.
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi young man!

Basically, it will depend on which uni you are at [assuming you are studying in UK] - subjects/modules as well the content of each vary a little or even a bit more, depending mainly on the lecturer who designed and teaches each module.

There should be various detailed resumes of your lectures on the department website, together with syllabus details, and probably a variety of learning aids, too. Remember that uni is not the same as A levels [with the latter there is a tremendous degree of spoon-feeding these days], which you will not receive at uni - you are expected to be more autonomous - if you do not like lectures, it can be difficult to keep up esp as you have left it knida last minute. You mention "how to revise", but you need to learn from afresh NOT revise cos you have had sight of it in the first place ; revision means "vision" again [Latin root "re" = again as in recapitulate, regain, reinstate, etc.] - sorry don't mean to sound spiteful.- take it easy!

If you able to disclose some basic details [pls PM me for the sake of confidentiality], I shall try to guide you, and can also help you with content for some of your subjects [I hold a number of different biomedical degrees tho not pharmacy per se, but some of my subjects overlap with those of pharmacy].

Good luck & be safe!
M.
Anonymous9224
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fucharpharmacist)
Hi, I’m currently a pharmacy student in year 1. I have exams coming up in 2 weeks and I know nothing, I was wondering how people revise? What they use? Lectures do nothing for me, I don’t know what I need to know. Is there a syllabus or past questions or exam papers etc? Like there is at a level?

Thanks.
Be serious, did you do this degree for yourself or did you do it for your parents?
chazlanc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
rang and dales pharmacology is great. if u need any help let me kniow.
fucharpharmacist
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous9224)
Be serious, did you do this degree for yourself or did you do it for your parents?
I did it for myself but I mean after 16 years of being in education I’m now sick of it
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fucharpharmacist)
I did it for myself but I mean after 16 years of being in education I’m now sick of it
Do u mean 16 yrs as in school or have u done multiple degrees like myself ?

In either case, PM me v soon & I shall get you thru these exams. Check out my teaching styles/tactics on TSR!
chazlanc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
Do u mean 16 yrs as in school or have u done multiple degrees like myself ?
In either case, PM me v soon & I shall get you thru these exams. Check out my teaching styles/tactics on TSR!
wow thats awesome. iv'e pmed you,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads