Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don’t want anyone saying real drivers don’t drive automatic, a family member of mine is now disabled and transport means without a car is extremely difficult. I need to learn to drive quickly and my schedule is already packed. I’m considering learning automatic since it’s easier but is it worth it ?
remsik02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t want anyone saying real drivers don’t drive automatic, a family member of mine is now disabled and transport means without a car is extremely difficult. I need to learn to drive quickly and my schedule is already packed. I’m considering learning automatic since it’s easier but is it worth it ?
Learning in automatic means you will only be able to drive automatics on your license, I would recommend learning in a manual though automatics are becoming increasing popular
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it could restrict options in the future - maybe you want to hire a van to move house, that sort of things.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
British people are so snobby about automatics. Yes they are easier so if your desire is to learn as quickly as possible, automatics are the way to go.
scorpion95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you learn on automatic you are limited to only being able to drive automatics, where are if you learn manual you can drive both manuals and automatics. To be honest though all new cars are moving to automatics especially the electric ones which are being pushed marketed. If you're going to be driving new cars then automatic is probably the way to go as there isn't going to be a need in the future for manuals, although renting a van at some point might be difficult as I don't think many places do automatics.
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Another factor to consider is that generally manual cars (including holding a full versus automatic license) are cheaper to buy and insure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%